New Playthrough (SR, IR, SCS)

Incantatar

I also agree with aVENGER that oozes and slime do not have a nervous system, and can't really catch a cold = immune to disease.

Where did he say that? If i'm not mistaken he is more in the fraction of bringing the game closer to PnP.

Yeah, my bad - multitasking @ work (shhh;)). I'm in the same camp FWIW, and I believe Demi resides there also - isn't that why we're discussing this? :laugh:

After some further research I'm not 100% sure if ooze should be immune to disease or not... Poison is a given though.

An ooze possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.

Not subject to critical hits or flanking.

Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.

ref: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ooze_Type

But then again this page with variant rules seem to imply that oozes are immune to disease in 3.5:

Not composed of flesh and blood
constructs, elementals, oozes, animated objects

@Dakk

In 3rd ed. diseases are equal to ability damage. They do str/dex/con damage. The difference to constructs and undead is that oozes do have con (representing health & stamina). Those fortitude saves have to be there for something!

In 2nd ed. oozes weren't even immune to poison nor were they all mindless.

@Demivrgs

Which configuration/versions of the mods in my previous install would you recommend as stable? Just SCSII pre ToBEx?

I installed V19 and disabled ToBEx and have still some problems with CTDs and stuff.

Well, I think the latest version of SCS may have some serious issue by itself judging by reports here and there, thus I'd actually suggest you to use an older version of it instead of simply skipping ToBEx (A64 is around again lately and is probably handling every issue concerning it, while Ardanis will fix SR's Update Spellbooks issue asap). It's a real shame because the latest version seems to add a lot of content, but if I had to play a game I'd probably go for stability and wait David to come back and polish his work so that I can enjoy the game twice instead of risking to ruin a game because of a CTD or similar issue.

That being said, I don't remember which was the most stable version of SCS, other players should be able to suggest you better than me, as the last time I actually played an entire game I was running SCS V11, which was uber stable and bug free, but is tremendously outdated now! I do remember one of the latest versions was kinda buggy befor David re-worked on it and quickly released another version, though I don't remember which was (V17?), but most versions of SCS were really bug free as far as I remember, thus something between V16 and V18 is surely ok. :laugh:

P.S Regarding oozes, the first source I use for BG is still 2nd edition where they looked like this, but the whole "oozes are immune to disease" thing come up just because I was thinking it was kinda impossible for something made of "gelatine"to get ill. :hm:

-Dimension Door used to work without LOS. As far as i'm right this works through the "No LOS required" flag. I can't seem to add this flag to the scroll. Is it not possible to let the scroll work like the spell or am i missing something?

-I modded Elementals to be immune to Web-effects. I just added the spells to their ring. If anyone is interested: http://www.woofiles.com/dl-253418-puT0KqDq-elemtype.itm

-I changed aTweaks' ScribeScrolls to incorporate SR spells but it's not really clean enough to share. Since it lists the HaveSpell trigger and the dialogue in consecutive numbers (and groups them for clarity by spell level), i don't think it's possible to squeeze added spells in there without changing all the following entries.

-Oh and i had the idea to make a mod that makes other item crafting possible. E.g. Craft Wand for spells like Web etc. Should be doable by using the invisible dialogue mechanic á la aTweaks and modding some custom items. I think incorporating CL would be too much at first though.

-Dimension Door used to work without LOS. As far as i'm right this works through the "No LOS required" flag. I can't seem to add this flag to the scroll. Is it not possible to let the scroll work like the spell or am i missing something?
As I said when I posted the hotfixes I don't know a way to make spells cast via scrolls work with "no los" because scrolls don't have such flag and ignore the one enbedded within the spl. :laugh:

-I modded Elementals to be immune to Web-effects. I just added the spells to their ring.
Damn, I knew I forgot something! Your solution is only a partial one, as it handles only summoned elementals. To make it work on any in-game or mod-added elemental you have to modify the spl file adding custom EFF files to protect such creatures (see SR's Entangle for a quick reference). Anyway, I'll handle this asap.

-I changed aTweaks' ScribeScrolls to incorporate SR spells but it's not really clean enough to share. Since it lists the HaveSpell trigger and the dialogue in consecutive numbers (and groups them for clarity by spell level), i don't think it's possible to squeeze added spells in there without changing all the following entries.
I forgot to ask Wisp about it, put asking it is in my to-do list for V4. :hm:

-Oh and i had the idea to make a mod that makes other item crafting possible. E.g. Craft Wand for spells like Web etc. Should be doable by using the invisible dialogue mechanic á la aTweaks and modding some custom items. I think incorporating CL would be too much at first though.
Interesting, though extending it beyond pre-existing wands would require an incredibly huge amount of work.
Interesting, though extending it beyond pre-existing wands would require an incredibly huge amount of work.
Craft Wand is one of wizard HLA ideas I have in mind for KR. The primary obstacle is the lack of BAMs.

Since there're only so many arcane spells to choose from, the majority are not offensive, and some are partially duplicating each other - I think we can easily limit it to a dozen of new wand types.

These are spells that already represented by wands:

1) Magic Missile, Sleep

2) Horror, Web

3) Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Hold Person

4) Polymorhp Other, Ice Storm, Contagion

5) Cloudkill, Breach, Summon Monster

7) Ruby Ray

Assuming that 5 spells per level should quite be enough (based on vanilla spell list):

1) Color Spray, Minor Drain, Blindness

2) Acid Arrow, Glitterdust, Knock

3) Remove Magic, Dire Charm

4) Confusion, Malison, Otiluke Sphere

5) Feeblemind, Animate Dead

Archived