Looking for a tool

Luren

Hello,

I'm seeking a tool allowing to list and join together (in a text file or in a zip file) all the files associated with a map (...and they can be numerous, between the .CRE, .BCS, .WAV, .BAM...)

This would be very useful during the creation of new maps, because this would allow to see in a wink which files were created, which original files were modified or not; and consequently must be backed up, sent in a separated zip file, etc.

Is there such a function in DLTCEP which does that? I sought but I did not see it.

Thanks,

It would be fairly easy to write such a tool in WeiDU - see the Creature Lister in my signature, also the Area CRE Checker does something similar.

The .tp2 code might look a bit arcane, but it would just be a matter of extending it to other objects (I mainly look for creatures and scripts, but it could also look for items etc.). Near Infinity also has some 'where-used' functions you can use to output list, but I think it only does one type of file at a time.

dltcep can export an area (producing weidu tp2), but i don't think it would list everything attached. It is hard to make distinction between old creatures and new ones at this point.

What if you use a wav or bam that is already in the original game?

Thanks for your answers,

Miloch

Near Infinity also has some 'where-used' functions you can use to output list, but I think it only does one type of file at a time.

Yes, it's an useful function, but it must be done manually for each type of file...

Thank you also for the link to the small utility you've done, i will test it.

Avenger

dltcep can export an area (producing weidu tp2), but i don't think it would list everything attached. It is hard to make distinction between old creatures and new ones at this point.

What if you use a wav or bam that is already in the original game?

It only indicates the modifications which were made on the .tlk file

On the other hand, the function "export TBG area file" is interesting. The .tbg file contains some useful indications (WAV references for example), but i use a text editor to read it, and references are not easy to read.

What would have been very useful, initially, it's to have a list of all the files used by an area. It's not too tiring, in the second time, to see those wich were modified, by comparing the list with the contents of the override folders.

Archived