Behold! The Holy Sandwich!

BigRob

So this is kind of like...ethical prostitution?

A 10 year old sandwich must not taste very good. Unless they age like wine, that would be kinda cool.

I think anyone eating this sandwich will be excommunicated from the church. As for non-believers, we're damned anyway so we can sin and cause chaos all we want I guess. :rolleyes:

I always wonder about that. How in the world would they know that that's what the Virgin Mary looked like? How do they know that (if anything) it's not the image of a demon, who may be bringing that woman good fortune (winning the lottery or whatever it is she claims) in order to appeal to her sense of greed and therby make her sin.

As for non-believers, we're damned anyway so we can sin and cause chaos all we want I guess.  :rolleyes:

woo hoo!

Well, this is probably the best chance I'll have to use this smiley. :D

My ignorance will keep me convinced there's no hell even as i'm suffering eternal damnation.

and prostitutions unethical?

@julwise: Or maybe it's just a sandwich where you can see a face if you look at it.

I always wonder about that. How in the world would they know that that's what the Virgin Mary looked like? How do they know that (if anything) it's not the image of a demon, who may be bringing that woman good fortune (winning the lottery or whatever it is she claims) in order to appeal to her sense of greed and therby make her sin.

Interpretations can change. Some icons from the Byzantine Empire portray Jesus as clean shaven and short haired (in the Roman style).

@julwise: Or maybe it's just a sandwich where you can see a face if you look at it.

Thats what I would figure, but if people can go to one extreme, why not the other.

@ Bri: But interpretations are pretty much useless in this case. If Mary existed, there is only one correct interpretation of how she looks, and how would someone know if the one on the sandwich was the correct interpretation?

@ Bri: But interpretations are pretty much useless in this case. If Mary existed, there is only one correct interpretation of how she looks, and how would someone know if the one on the sandwich was the correct interpretation?

If you want to be entirely accurate, then I would have said peoples' ideas of how such people (whether Mary or whoever) would vary based on how they think she looked.

Unlike photographs, or even sculptures, etc. to show how that person looked, then one couldn't know how that person looked.

Unlike photographs, or even sculptures, etc. to show how that person looked, then one couldn't know how that person looked.

Unless you buy the sandwich, that is. :rolleyes:

(I found a piece of rye bread that looked a little bit like Haile Selassie once, but in my ignorance I just ate it. But I don't think rastafarians are into buying religiously significant food on the internet anyway, so it probably wasn't too much of a loss...)

Archived