Puns

chuft

Well, there are several Eastern Eggs in the game... one of the funniest is the main character's reply to the Portalbendarwinden:

Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pen hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all patience! If you've got a straight answer in that bent little hear of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it length wise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halbard! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!

Don't know if this qualifies, but I found it humorous. In the Sorcerous Sundries:

Niemain: Oh, look! What a cute little party... invading our space! We were preparing a ritual, and you all but ruined it.

PC: What do you mean your space? This is a store and I'm a customer.

Niemain: Thank you for that wonderful display of simian logic, now scram.

PC: For your information, a number of important sociological and psychological theorists have posited that stores exist in an intermediate space, neither private nor public in nature but combining elements of both. Displays in store windows, for instance, can best be viewed as mental constructs projected onto the public consciousness as a means of engendering mass conformity derived solely from the supposedly private domain of consumer choice...

Niemain: Ack! It's enough to drive one mad... Make it stop, make it stop!

Archived