Possible SR issue

Ascension64

A user had some troubles at http://www.shsforums.net/topic/50955-help-...ster-summoning/ with his summoning limit filled up. I cannot remember where summoned creatures are stored in the save game (if at all), but I looked through his game and it appears he has 4 copies of Dire Leopard (LEOPDISU.CRE) from SR taking up his summoned slots. No idea of the cause, but I thought it would be important for you to know and be aware of if any other reports show up.

If you wish to take a look, the saved game at the link has some strange creatures in the Pocket Plane area (AR4500), including four copies each of DHARLOT1, PHEAS01, LEOPDISU, and IDJINNI, with some Move Creature effects on them. I'm not sure why this has happened, but you might have an idea since you know SR better than I do.

I saw a similar report a year-two ago - somebody was playing Improved Anvil and suffered the -4 summon penalty as well. Sadly, the player had reinstalled before I could have sent him the checkpatch.

SR doesn't mess (at least yer) with moving summons between areas.

I saw a similar report a year-two ago - somebody was playing Improved Anvil and suffered the -4 summon penalty as well. Sadly, the player had reinstalled before I could have sent him the checkpatch.

SR doesn't mess (at least yer) with moving summons between areas.

I actually don't think summons per se are the issue here. Rather, something is causing certain creatures to move between areas and get stuck in area files, hence the involvement of weird creatures like djinn, pheasant, and harlot. That a summoned creature was one of them made this bug more noticeable.

As Ardanis says SR doesn't allow summoned creatures to move from one area to another (though that was planned for V4) and thus I really don't know how copies of a Dire Leopard can fill up summon slots beyond their spawn time/area. If any player can reproduce it I'll try to investigate, but I just tried to test it and those summons don't fill my summoning cap limit in my game.

As Ardanis says SR doesn't allow summoned creatures to move from one area to another (though that was planned for V4) and thus I really don't know how copies of a Dire Leopard can fill up summon slots beyond their spawn time/area. If any player can reproduce it I'll try to investigate, but I just tried to test it and those summons don't fill my summoning cap limit in my game.

I experienced this bug in my last 2 games with ToBex 0.20, SCSII 19 and SR. I have no idea what caused it.

I experienced this bug in my last 2 games with ToBex 0.20, SCSII 19 and SR. I have no idea what caused it.
I still have no clue. :(

hi,

it seems that i have a save file that can reproduce the problem just by returning from pocket plane. i have uploaded the save in the original forum http://www.shsforums...__gopid__529154&

I would have to install a new game with your exact same install order to test it out (aka I need a weidu log) and even then the problem is that I wouldn't know where to look for. May be worth the time, but I won't have such time for a while. :/

Archived