OR(2)
 !InParty("Edwin")
 Dead("Edwin")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
 SetGlobal("TannerWarning2","AR0502",1)
 StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

Just wondering, but shouldn't that cause stuttering? The associated dialogue has an AreaCheck("ar0502") and Global("EnteredTanner",0), which should ensure that it doesn't get displayed ahead of time. But from what I see, she would still try to start a dialogue with Player1 as not all conditions return false

10th

Ehm, all of the 4 following things must be true to initiate the dialog with the PC:

1) She is in the party.

2) the area AR0502 has the global "TannerWarning" set to 0, this can only be checked if the charater is in the area AR0502.are...

3) Nalia is not in the party OR is dead.

4) Edwin is not in the party OR is dead.

So when doesn't that happen ?

IF
InParty(Myself)
Global("TannerWarning2","AR0502",0)
OR(2)
 !InParty("Nalia")
 Dead("Nalia")
OR(2)
 !InParty("Edwin")
 Dead("Edwin")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
 SetGlobal("TannerWarning2","AR0502",1)
 StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

Just wondering, but shouldn't that cause stuttering? The associated dialogue has an AreaCheck("ar0502") and Global("EnteredTanner",0), which should ensure that it doesn't get displayed ahead of time. But from what I see, she would still try to start a dialogue with Player1 as not all conditions return false

10th

*Probably* not. The Global()/SetGlobal() pair *should* ensure that even if Aerie doesn't warn the PC not to step on the traps, she won't keep trying to warn the PC about the traps. But, like all other dialogues with multiple triggers in the D (that may or may not return true), there is a chance that it will stutter, nonetheless. There are several of those. My favorite is the one that uses PartyRested() as a trigger in the script and also in the D. It cannot possibly return true in both places, so the dialogue never fires. And it's a shame, because it's a really cute dialogue.
My favorite is the one that uses PartyRested() as a trigger in the script and also in the D. It cannot possibly return true in both places, so the dialogue never fires. And it's a shame, because it's a really cute dialogue.

Is that, uhm, fixed anywhere? :)
My favorite is the one that uses PartyRested() as a trigger in the script and also in the D. It cannot possibly return true in both places, so the dialogue never fires. And it's a shame, because it's a really cute dialogue.

Is that, uhm, fixed anywhere? :)

Not that I know of. It has been reported, but as that particular script block only returns true once per game day, I doubt that it has been a high priority.

Archived