Old time brazilian fan need help with mods

GuiSilva

Yeah, you probably shouldn't install WeiDU Tactics and SCSII together.

Other sites to get you started are:

Chosen of Mystra

Blackwyrm Lair

Pocketplane Group

RPGDungeon

Volcano Productions

And of course Gibberlings 3, WeiDU.org, and Spellhold Studios

I'm sure you'll find lots of cool stuff you'll enjoy, whether it's tweaks, tactics, NPC's, quests, BG1Tutu, etc.

I'd kind of advise against The Big World Project as your first try.

I'll definetely take a look at it thx, just finished adding SCS2 and tweaks pack from here and tactics from WeiDU.org, let's see how the game behaves now, I guess i have a lot of testing to do ahead of me :O)

If you just want to address the stupid AI, try SCS2 here. Or you could go hardcore and install every mod known, check the BWP. It also lets you install just a few mods if you want to go that way too, and tells you in which order to install them etc. If you want to go back to BG1, see also the Tutu mod list in my signature.

Mannnn just got ass kicked big time right at the beggining by Duergar proletarians, and they actually look smart, little bastards had Melf's meteors ready to throw at me, great stuff !

What's your opinions on how the scs2 improves the challenge, what are the most notable changes and a personal doubt of mine : is it designed to be played by a party that rolls their atributes and HP normally, not at maximum, granted every chance I got when installing the mod I went for the hardest and more realistic choice ?

What's maximum lv for moster groupings, and maximum HP for every creature in the game actually works ? if so I could just my hp roll at maximum since I don't think my party would be overpowered.

Just to clarify I'm only using right now scs2, and tweakpack, the tactics pack from WeiDU is cool, but not for players who don't enjoy playing with cheats, I mean no matter how experienced BG@ player you are you just can't beat demons with regular +0 weapons and a lv7 party at chateau Irenicus.

I asked about the HP and atribute rolls because right at the beggining the ruffian captain, wich used to be retarded, imploded my thief with a critical hit backstab, he planted a blade in my innards =)

"Just to clarify I'm only using right now scs2, and tweakpack, the tactics pack from WeiDU is cool, but not for players who don't enjoy playing with cheats, I mean no matter how experienced BG@ player you are you just can't beat demons with regular +0 weapons and a lv7 party at chateau Irenicus."

hheheh, actually you can. and yes, without cheats. even on insane. :]

Pick up Yoshi first. Set a trap here and there. ;] Imoen can kill Glabrezu (he's the only one who see invisible, it's pretty easy luring him out without alerting others) with magic missiles. Golem is vulnerable to (usually) Jaheira's +1 staff. Kill them both first. Then lure out Illy and dire charm him (must be quick, be quick or be dead, heheh). Don't forget to disrupt Zivago's summoning and watch out for Karamazov's bolts (extremely deadly on insane!!) and Rasputin's stunning attacks........................PROFIT!!

"Just to clarify I'm only using right now scs2, and tweakpack, the tactics pack from WeiDU is cool, but not for players who don't enjoy playing with cheats, I mean no matter how experienced BG@ player you are you just can't beat demons with regular +0 weapons and a lv7 party at chateau Irenicus."

Pick up Yoshi first. Set a trap here and there. ;] Imoen can kill Glabrezu (he's the only one who see invisible, it's pretty easy luring him out without alerting others) with magic missiles. Golem is vulnerable to (usually) Jaheira's +1 staff. Kill them both first. Then lure out Illy and dire charm him (must be quick, be quick or be dead, heheh). Don't forget to disrupt Zivago's summoning and watch out for Karamazov's bolts (extremely deadly on insane!!) and Rasputin's stunning attacks........................PROFIT!!

Wow, how do you beat improved Ilych with that golem and a Glabrezu ?? You'd have to explore some more flaws in the game right ?

The scs2 looks very cool, difficult but beatable with some planning, but you can beat WeiDU tactics without any cheats with a regular party, how ?

I noticed little bugs after I applied the Mods, first in the Slaver's quest given by Hendak when I enter the the slaver stockade, good ol Captain Haegan does simpley nothing. I tried killed him last to watch it's behavior and you can hit him with everything but the kitchen sink and he stays there doing nothing.

Also after the duration of Charm and Domination spells expire, the affected creature doesn't resume it's action, it stays there doing nothing and still being attacked by it's own party members.

Has anyone experienced this too ?

Just saw the "spoiler", no need to answer again, thanks =)

I noticed little bugs after I applied the Mods, first in the Slaver's quest given by Hendak when I enter the the slaver stockade, good ol Captain Haegan does simpley nothing. I tried killed him last to watch it's behavior and you can hit him with everything but the kitchen sink and he stays there doing nothing.

Also after the duration of Charm and Domination spells expire, the affected creature doesn't resume it's action, it stays there doing nothing and still being attacked by it's own party members.

Has anyone experienced this too ?

Anybody has some insight on bugs after installing scs II ?

Without knowing much about it, I would guess it might be a bug from installing both Tactics and SCS2, and particularly installing Tactics *after* SCS2. I wouldn't even use Tactics if you're using SCS2, because the latter includes a lot of what was in the older Tactics mod (as does Big Picture). They use different scripting/detectable spell systems, so could cause conflicts. If you still get a bug with only SCS2, try reporting it in the SCS2 forum here.

Without knowing much about it, I would guess it might be a bug from installing both Tactics and SCS2, and particularly installing Tactics *after* SCS2. I wouldn't even use Tactics if you're using SCS2, because the latter includes a lot of what was in the older Tactics mod (as does Big Picture). They use different scripting/detectable spell systems, so could cause conflicts. If you still get a bug with only SCS2, try reporting it in the SCS2 forum here.

It's all good now, I read everything about the Mods and what I did wrong, like you said was installing both tactics and scsII, and I had installed Tweakpack, ScsII and Fixpack in the wrong order.

I'm going with scsII, in my opinion it poses a realistic challenge, even though is hard, tactics just forced me to cheese luring one enemy at the time and stuff like that, I don't feed one party member at a time to my enemies, so why should they.

I have a regular party lv13 now and I have to say it's like i'm playing the game for the first time, having tons of fun. Whoever made this tweaks and SCSII deserves the gaming pulitzer award !!

If you like more tactics/realism, you might also be interested in Rogue Rebalancing, aTweaks, some of the Aurora components (PnP stuff etc.) to name just a few more mods. All those are on shsforums.net.

Archived