Comments on Items Available via BG1NPC

Bren

Domi,

Q1: Are these suppose to be showing up now? If so, there are issues.

The only new things that have appeared in any I've tested so far was the spear for Kivan, the amulet from Imoen and the scroll from Zeke to Jaheira.

Q2: Why would Ajantis have a shield when his prof. is ++ Two Handed Sword and ++ Two weapon style. He joins with a two handed sword equpped, so he could not have a shield equipped. Just curious.

TTYL

Bren

Ajantis shield, Foreshadow's ring, Skie's cloak are not in Alpha 6 or I do not remember if they are in; the rest I have tested and they show up fine. Ajantis shield is there because that was what Jastey and Seifer wish :rolleyes: It's not magical, but has something special aboit it.

Ajantis shield, Foreshadow's ring, Skie's cloak are not in Alpha 6 or I do not remember if they are in; the rest I have tested and they show up fine. Ajantis shield is there because that was what Jastey and Seifer wish :rolleyes: It's not magical, but has something special aboit it.

Thanks Domi

That's good to know... Thought something was going haywire in my game for a minute.

Just a suggestion, but if they want to give him a shield... Maybe change his prof. Two handed swords and shields don't go together very well. Whoever is in charge of this, just give it some thought.

TTYL

Bren

Quick question, didn't want to open an entire thread for this:

I encountered a duel long sword wielding female with her pet wolves on the bridge to baldur's gate. she says one line and then the dialogue ends and she is busy. Is this a sidequest for bgnpc and is it finished because she does nothing. Killing her nets me a elven chain though but I don't think that's her purpose right?

Edit: added a couple of stars in the sword and shield style to the 'while equipped ' of the shield.

Comment:

I think 2 stars are one too many (actually, i think it's 2 too many :) ), mainly because Ajantis comes equipped with a longsword in-hand but no proficiency to use it. He already has ++ Two-Handed Sword and ++ Two weapon style.

I don't know if BG1NPC (or TuTu) alters Ajanits proficiencies or just uses the BG1 defaults. For fun, decided to alter his stats and the shield values:

Shield gives +1 sword-and-shield style

+ Two weapon style

+ Longsword

++ Two-Handed Sword (default?)

Ajantis' family shield is an important plot-point so we were trying to steer the player toward the thought of growing Ajantis as a sword-and-shield knight, rather than a dual-wielder. We cannot alter Ajantis' TUTU proficiencies - or rather it is not our place to re-do what TUTU had done- so we let the player decide what s/he wants to do - to use the double stars in DW, or put a shield in his hands with the same amount of stars granted in the s&sh style. In both cases he'd need to accumulate a point in some one-handed weapon.

BG1 prophiciencies does not transfer well into BG2 profs, and the TUTU team really went wild on giving everyone and sundry dual-wield. Ajantis' true prohiciencies were:

Large Swords ** (includes 2 handed, bastard, long)

Blunt Weapons *

Bows *

Large Swords **

Blunt Weapons *

Bows *

Small Swords *

Large Swords **

Blunt Weapons *

Bows *

Small Swords **

In his affinity to both large and small swords it looks like he'd favor one-handed weapons.

Archived