BG1 Tweaks v4 Released

CamDawg

BG1 Tweaks is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

v4 Changelog

• Updated to WeiDU 231.
  • Added Make Magic Shields Glow.
  • Added a note that Make Cloakwood Areas Available requires a new game to be effective.
  • Upgraded code for Friendly Arm Inn Container Restoration. It's now a lot more streamlined.
  • Added Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior.
  • Restored Two-Handed Bastard Swords, thanks to Zed Nocear finding why they would sell for only 1gp.
  • Updated Universal Clubs so descriptions are changed automatically (thanks, plainab).
  • Deprecated Description Updates for Universal Clubs, now part of Universal Clubs.
  • Corrected an error in the skillrng.2da that kept ranger stealth skills from improving with level when Change Experience Point Cap is installed.
  • Updated Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P to include most mod added items.
  • Updated Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor to include most mod added items.
  • Updated Wear Multiple Protection Items (P&P Style) to automatically update item descriptions and to sell for more than 1gp (thanks again to Zed Nocear).
  • Renamed Unlimited Ammo Stacks to Larger Ammo Stacks, adding options for limits of 40, 80 and 120.
  • Renamed Unlimited Jewelry and Gem, Potion and Scroll Stacks components to Larger Stacks, adding options for limits of 20, 40 and 80.
  • Added note to this readme that Ajantis is not affected by NPCs Do Not Fight component, since the player can still control him and whomever he attacks.
  • Corrected Make Khalid a Fighter/Mage by placing his robe in the armor instead of cloak slot.

Hi... could I make the spanish translation?

Please do. I'd welcome it, just as I did the Polish translation. The files are in the \languages\ directory. One file you *don't* need to translate: description_updates.tra has been made unnecessary since the changes are done "on-the-fly" in the installation.

In the setup-bg1tweaks.tp2 there are some lines you will need to translate:

For Two Handed Bastard Swords:

// replace any English lines that match
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^[ %tab%]*Damage[ %tab%]*:[ %tab%]*[0-9]\(d\|D\)[0-9]~ ~Damage: %dices_2h%D%damage_2h%~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^[ %tab%]*Speed Factor[ %tab%]*:[ %tab%]*[0-9]~ ~Speed Factor: %speed_2h%~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^[ %tab%]*Type[ %tab%]*:[ %tab%]*\(1\|one\)[- %tab%]*handed.*~ ~Type: 2-handed~

For Universal Clubs:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%][ %TAB%]*Not Usable By.*:.*~ ~~ // for English BG1
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%][ %TAB%]*Mage.*~ ~~

For Wear Multiple Protection Items (P&P Style):

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%][ %TAB%]*Armou?r Class.*:.*~ ~~ // for English

Archived