Setting a permanent animation on my character

So I've been trying to put a aura-like animation around my PC permanently (he's a paladin custom kit and I want him to have a cool looking permanent aura on at all times, similar to diablo 2 paladin)

Im using infinity explorer and near infinity spellmaker to try to put that animation. I've had partial success by using the effect "play 3d effect" "instant/permanent". The animation shows up, but ONLY if my pc is casting a spell or being affected by one. I dont want the animation to go away even for a second. How do I make the animation on him permanent?

I've even tried to copy fireshield (blue), and then change the resource file into the animation I want (SPHOLMIG) and put AP_spell on one of my kits but that wouldn't stay on.

Can any veterans help please!?

Permanent timings on animations just make them play once; while equipped timing will loop indefinitely but won't work via spell. You'd probably be better off with a really, really long duration on an instant/limited or with a spell that re-applies itself on expiry.

Permanent timings on animations just make them play once; while equipped timing will loop indefinitely but won't work via spell. You'd probably be better off with a really, really long duration on an instant/limited or with a spell that re-applies itself on expiry.

What do you mean about the equipped timing? Im trying to get the animation to constantly idly play on the character without him needing to cast spells or anything like that.

The thing with a really long duration is that, eventually it will go away right? =(

What do you mean about the equipped timing? Im trying to get the animation to constantly idly play on the character without him needing to cast spells or anything like that.

Playing an animation with instant/while equipped timing (2) should loop it indefinitely, but I don't think that timing works outside of items.

The thing with a really long duration is that, eventually it will go away right? =(

Sure, but a lot of the shapeshifting in the game is set as limited with super-long durations, so it's not unprecedented.

Playing an animation with instant/while equipped timing (2) should loop it indefinitely, but I don't think that timing works outside of items.

Sure, but a lot of the shapeshifting in the game is set as limited with super-long durations, so it's not unprecedented.

The thing with shapeshifting is that it has a button for transforming. Meaning its a GA_SPCL01 spell, a innate spell that can be used. My spell is like a permanent passive spell with no innate button. I guess I could just make it so that it runs on activate..would save the headache I guess

I was able to solve this problem. It looks like i had to use infnity explorer to actually dwelve into the animation itself, and then change the time. It also lets you change the color / transparency of the animation and how fast the animation plays itself. And yes, it is permanent

Now my paladin has an awesome holy aura constantly spewing from his body that protects him from all status effects!

The one thing that still bothers me is, I can make the spell grant immunity to every single status effect EXCEPT ability score modifiers. you know, the status ailments that come up with you get hit by spirit trolls or shadow fiend? Those are super annoying. I cant find anywhere in the program that talks about immunity to ability point decrease...

I think the opcodes that handle ability score drains are the same ones that handle ability score bonuses (opcodes 6, 10, 15, 19, 44, 49). You could make yourself immune to them, but then you wouldn't be able to benefit from items or spells that boost your ability scores.

Well the only two abilities which get drained in the (non-modded) game are Strength by spirit trolls and shadow fiends, and Intelligence by mind flayers, that being opcodes 44 and 19 so you would need only to change those two. Not sure if there're any Intelligence-raising items but you wouldn't gain any benefit from the Strength girdles indeed, unless you don't need them.

As for that animation with immunity opcodes, all you'd need to do is to put them all on an item like a ring or cloak and set the Timing on each effect to While Equipped. That would effectively make the animation and the effect stay active on you for as long as you wear the item, without the need to modify the original animation (which MIGHT cause few problems with the game if you change it's function time to permanent)

Archived