Crashing when entering The Order of the Radiant Heart

Zakkarius

So I have been having some problems with BGII and was wondering if anyone out there could help. I had to repurchase SoA as I lost my original four disc pack in a move and received a newer copy that comes with only one disc for installation and play (and I'm thinking "yay!" at this point). Downloaded it and found it was a bit buggy. Pretty annoyingly buggy, actually. People were "busy" and wouldn't talk to me. Not sure why (I thought that had been a ToB problem only) but I downloaded the BG2 fixes and the Tweaks MOD. Things are going really good. I had done a few quests, and had wandered through the temple district and had successfully entered the Order of Radiant Heart and chatted everyone up. Then I went into the sewers, picked up Keldorn and started the Cult of the Unseeing Eye quest and was almost done with it when I accidentally deleted it. (Not sure how this happened, and yes...sometimes I am special.)

This time I decided "Hey! Why not?" and I downloaded ToB and the ToB patch before starting new game. No problems except one specific one, I thought it would be fun to do all the Stronghold stuff in one game no matter your class, and after doing all the quests in the Thrall prison, my Sorcerer never got offered the Playhouse in the Five Flagons. There was a pause, and it skipped to the end of the dialogue where Haer'Dalis says goodbye to the troupe and comes with you back to Amn, What I am guessing is that there is something that isn't working so that when I go to the Radiant Heart it freezes because of the Stronghold additions. Could be wrong, but if anyone has ideas I would really appreciate it. I would like to (re)do the Cult of the Unseeing Eye with Keldorn and I have to go to the Radiant Heart at some point after Anomen* goes through all his side-quest stuff.

*On a side-note, Anomen doesn't seem to be attempting to romance my character, and yes it is a female character this go-around. I may not have had him long enough, but I did Nalia's Keep (which I am now the Lord of, no problems there) and Jaheria's getting cursed by Baron Ployer with him in the party. He's bragged once and talked to Jaheria about how it is surprising to see a lady of noble birth trudging around, or something arrogant like that. And yes, I am seeeing shadows in every corner now because things keep seeming to "come up" while I am playing the game. :p

Here is my current WeiDu list:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v10

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2293 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table (Blucher): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3220 // Sensible Entrance Points: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v12

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternate Aerie Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate Anomen Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate Cernd Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate Haer'Dalis Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #5 // Alternate Half Orc Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #6 // Alternate Imoen Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate Jaheira Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #8 // Alternate Jan Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate Keldorn Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #10 // Alternate Korgan Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #11 // Alternate Mazzy Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #12 // Alternate Minsc Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #13 // Alternate Nalia Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #15 // Alternate Valygar Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #16 // Alternate Viconia Portrait by NiGHTMARE

~SETUP-NMBEAUTY.TP2~ #0 #17 // Alternate Yoshimo Portrait by NiGHTMARE

Any thoughts/Ideas/Help would be appreciated. I haven't played this game in quite a long time, and that's all I really trying to do. If it will let me. :/

Sweet! That worked perfectly. Thank you so much. Now if I could figure out how to add the CLAU Console to Windows 8 and why Anomen is remaining "mum", I am in great shape. Haha
Ít's a CLUAConsole... and you do it the normal way, you just have to take in the effect that the Wiindows 8 probably protects the Program Files -folders(and sub-folders) just like the Windows 7 and the Vista, and the latest XP did, and not install the game to there, ps the Win8 also similar like the Win 7 actually translates those to your native language as well(well the language you choose at the very start of the Windows installation)...

@Kish

Half-Elf. I don't think anything broke, because I don't think it ever started. It's weird. Not sure what happened. But if I could figure out how to get CLUAConsole I was thinking that SetGlobal("AnomenRomance","GLOBAL", would fix it (maybe?). Or is there a better way like downloading the RomanceTweak?

@Jarno

So I figured that out regarding the Windows8 tempermental properties, and I took some advice I found online saying to enter the DeBug=Code 1 under C: >Users>Username>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Program Files (x86)>BlackIsle>Baldurs Gate > Save and I entered it in there. Is this wrong? And if I have to re-install, is there a way to do it without deleting my current game?

And if I have to re-install, is there a way to do it without deleting my current game?
Erhm yes, as that's the savegame folder, you need to make the change at the baldur.ini -file in the game folder... which should be:

C: >Users>Username>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Program Files (x86)>BlackIsle>BGII - SoA>baldur.ini

if you used the vanilla install folder, if you did change it, then the flder will be a bit different ..., if you find that, open it with Notepad and then go from there... by the way, the mods you have installed are not actually installed correctly at all so you won't actually get to play them. Because the Windows protects the files as it does... the same goes all the way to the fact that the game is not even correctly patched and why some of the people in the game are busy.

If and when you want to reinstall then you go to the Control Panel and through that you go and uninstall the game(or you can use the one the CD pop up frontend gives), and then install it normally to another folder. Like say C:\Games\BGII - SoA\ ...

Archived