Critters see through non-detection

bholland

So I am in the underdark and I am hiding in shows successfully. The Drow keep on trying to see me with true sight but they can't. Then I get to the glabrezu and they seem to see me just fine with with non-detection, potion of invis, and hid in shadows. Kua-Tao also have this same ability. I know that Kua-Tao can typically see invis but they shouldn't be able to see me with non-detection.

Just also a quick note about the underdark.... it would be nice to have some level dependent drow. I am currently mostly 12-13 because I couldn't beat any of the side quests in Ch2 and the drow mages are all but impossible. It seems like you do have some level dependent stuff since I didn't run into any spiders in the Kun-Tao temple but that fight close to the middle of the map is really too difficult and it is only because of the drow mages. I just got level 7 spells. It was an odd blessing that the glabrezu could see me because this was the only way I could pull them into my traps.

Thanks! This mod is fantastic.

The non-detection items or spells do not work against creatures who don't rely on illusion-dispelling spells. Non-detection has nothig to do with the way the "see" invisible creatures - it's a vanilla game feature. You can't hide from demons, dragons and similar creatures.

Fair enough but then how can they see through hide in shadows? That isn't an illusion which basically makes that thief ability the only non-illusion invisibility in the game. That, paired with the cloak of non-detection should make me invisible to everything - including Kun-Tao. If this is broken in vanilla so be it, but this is also why we install mods... to fix stuff which is broken (both helpful and harmful) in game.

Is it intentional that hostile creatures who don't see through invisibility will follow sanctuaried characters (not attacking until sanctuary wears off)?

To clarify, you don't need to have attacked them or alerted them with a visible NPC, they will start following a sanctuaried character as soon as one wanders into LoS.

Is it intentional that hostile creatures who don't see through invisibility will follow sanctuaried characters (not attacking until sanctuary wears off)?
In former versions long time ago... Some of them can do the same to invisible and hidden characters so long as they don't have better enemies to follow, and if your whole group is not invisible, they just pick the visible and go after that even if it's half the map away. The intention is to avoid do nothing commands when you are right next to them, aka, simulate the behavior of the players.
I'd like to, but the multi install tool is no longer up for download, so I can't make a v28 installation without removing my current one.
You don't need to use that to have multiple installs, you just need to copy the game folder to somewhere else and then edit the baldur.ini file so the [Alias] -directories are correct and of course always start the game from the BGMain.exe, as the baldur.exe starts a front end program that uses the Windows registery to find the BGMain.exe...

Or if you don't wish to manually edit the file, there's this. So you just have to copy the game folder and then use that to start the game...

No. Can you confirm that this happens on v28?

I can confirm that they follow stealthed characters.

Archived