Which Game...?

Thimblerig

Glad you've liked it. I suck at happy endings. Every time I want to write one, I chicken out. Jaemal couldn't live happily ever after with Mulhorand being a salver country and Mulhorand is a slaver country (or at least was back then by canon) so martyrdom it was.He was always for me the endearing kind to whom happiness doesn't stick.

Oh, what the hey - starting another playthrough, this time with a naive city elf seeking to reclaim her wild roots who should fall for Diriel's patter hook, line, and sinker. I'm including Jaemal and Rizdaer again, plus Salome, for as much romance conflict as I can reasonably manage. Let's see some sparks.

EDIT:

The snark, the snark...

Diriel is dissing Rizdaer for being short. (And malnourished.) Salomeya keeps playing up to Diriel and has managed to insult both Charname, Diriel, and Jaemal in one single banter. Jaemal's flirts, now that they're going, are really sweet. I actually quite like Prachi, in her dignified way.

I was trying to work out if Diriel's insults to Charname were deliberate negging out of some evil elf seduction playbook, but now I think he's just really vain and obtuse. I look forward to kicking him to the roadside at some suitably dramatic point. Gotta love the romantic-rival squabbles.

Ah, the tree scene. I thought it was horribly romantic...Then, you realize why he really did it in the first place. . . . And I can't stay mad at Diriel for long.

I've started an IWD2 playthrough too, as a Tiefling Rogue, and I'm going to try to romance Jaemal. Unless, he isn't for Tieflings. I haven't found anything that says he isn't.

Haven't got to a tree scene yet. Just finished slogging through the monastery trials. I must say, they were a lot easier with a dedicated monk doing them, but they still took a while. (Go, Prachi! The flame is an illusion! Flee the Burning House!)

I think Jaemal likes smart, good-aligned people who use magic, so if you work your Use Magic Device and Knowledge Arcana skills, that should help. Ooh - tell me if he has any dedicated conversations about Tieflings, hey?

(Not long after Diriel's But he's so short banter, we ran into some bad guys with a giant in tow - Rizdaer told the giant to Keep Walking, and the giant Went. Beautiful moment. (The guy only gets one skill point, and only Intimidation to spend it on. Nice to see him making it work.) )

Omigosh, when Diriel and Salomeya face off, it's like two giant screaming dinosaurs ripping each other apart... :D

You work fast Thimblerig. I'm still in the Prologue.

You know, I never posted what my party consisted of. Mika(Tiefling Rogue), Jaemal, Sir Nord, Hildury, Valeero, and Prachi. Basically, all the good/lawful netral people. Hah.

Well, Mika does have some points in Use Magic Device, so hopefully that'll work. I'll tell you if Jaemal has any dedicated conversations about Tieflings! I hope he does.

Hah, Salomeya doesn't like it when Diriel turns her down, and Diriel just doesn't like her in general. If you haven't already, you should form a party with Sir Nord, Salomeya, Hildury, and Diriel. Its kind of hilarious for the most part.

I'm using an unofficial New Game+, where Miss Happy the Invisible Fairy heals up my party members at need. Makes fights a lot faster, easier, and I don't have to fuss with inventory management nearly so much (the important part).

Have made it to Kuldahar, and so far the only tree talk is Diriel protesting that we can't possibly destroy the Crossroads for the sake of the last few inhabitants. But, says I, what about the Tree? Eh, he says, it'll be fine.

... what?

Oh. I get it now - he was testing my convictions, or motivations, or some-such twittery. Or maybe he's just a hypocritical jerk. I'm playing a naive elfling who misses half of his conversation because she's staring at his pretty eyes, so she ain't catching on.

Jaemal made me choose between him and Rizdaer not long after Rizdaer... tried to perform his duties as a consort, and was turned away, so the little drow must be feeling really crappy now. Oh, honey. Oddly enough, Diriel will still let me flirt with him? He gets his own Very Special conflict conversation, I guess. On to the Crossroads! (Once the brownies I'm baking are done.)

EDIT: Also, Sapphire - dear lord but those are some pretty pictures.

Archived