Which Game...?

Thimblerig

Here's something a little bit different from your usual suspects: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines. Also avaiable on Steam. It used to be broken back in the day, but the community was able to fix all the bugs and holes. Designed by some of the people that made Arcanum and NWN2.

And if not, then Knights of the Old Republic, and KotOR2: The Sith Lords, with this.
Well, KOTOR 1 as well.
I guess you failed to see the fact that Knights of the Old Republic is KotOR 1...

My KotOR (1&)2 run fine on my Windows 7 computer, I just need one of the Kotor_2_Vista_fix.rar fix that replaces the Mss32.dll file, it works on both games, and install the game to the C drives custom games folder, aka not to the Operation Systems protected ones. And the KotOR 2 needs the 1.0b patch as I have the 1.0a on it at install.

Here's something a little bit different from your usual suspects: Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines.
Well, erhm, one of the search criteria to me prevents me from recommending this title... sucking the blood and all that.

Same can be said about the Fallout 2, the game is good, but you can pimp yourself if you are a female. And the game is kinda bloody if you don't remove the blood option.

KotOR ...Videos didn't work at all, though. :(
You probably disabled them from the game options to be able to play the game. I did the same, and tinkered a bit as it didn't want to be in a full screen mode with the uniws.exe(tool that allows several games to enable wider resolutions), I left it a bit a few days and then wanted to see a movie, removed the mod, tweaked the option back and after watching the movies, went and installed the uniws.exe on 1920x1200 res, and it now works if full screen and shows the movies and all. :D swkotor2.ini for reference:

[Display Options]

FullScreen=0

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=1920

Height=1200

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=85

Number 3D Voices=32

Number 2D Voices=32

2D3D Bias=1.00

EAX=0

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

Force Software=1

[Graphics Options]

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=1

Grass=1

Soft Shadows=1

Shadows=1

Brightness=57

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

RefreshRate=60

Width=1280

Height=960

V-Sync=1

Texture Quality=2

Anti Aliasing=0

Emitters=1

[Game Options]

UnlockedPlanetSongs=775

Enable Tooltips=1

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

TextureVariation=1

BodyVariation=0

AppearanceType=548

PCGender=1

GameCompleted=0

CurSithLord=2

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=44

Difficulty Level=2

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Reverse Ingame YAxis=0

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

TooltipDelay Sec=1

Disable Movies=0

[config]

firstrun=0

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action268=52

Action265=58

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=60

Action213=62

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

[Autopause Options]

End Of Combat Round=0

Mine Sighted=0

Enemy Sighted=0

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=0

[Movies Shown]

Movie10=1

Movie 9=1

Movie 8=1

Movie 7=1

Movie 6=1

Movie 5=1

Movie 4=1

Movie 3=1

Movie 2=31

Movie 1=13

Movie 0=1

I guess you failed to see the fact that Knights of the old Republic is KotOR 1...

Nah, it's more of the KOTOR2 is soooooooooooo AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYOINRE HAZ To pLay KOTR2

My KotOR 1&2 run fine on my Windows 7 computer, I just need one of the Kotor_2_Vista_fix.rar fix that replaces the Mss32.dll file, it works on both games, and install the game to the C drives custom games folder, aka not to the Operation Systems protected ones.

You realize you've just doomed NWN2 Neeshka Romance? :) Meh, it was doomed anyway.

I tried Thief for a while - conclusion: I really like the setting, gameplay runs seamlessly (how odd not to have to download patches and mods), if I could kidnap the voice-actor and make him read me poetry all day I would... and I really suck at 3-d platformers. I mean, really. Which way is north again? Gah, this map is realistically vague, gorammit...

So I'm taking a break and trying Icewind Dale-in-BG2, with mods. I'm finding your NPCs very endearing, Kulyok - the banters are sweet, and I honestly don't have a clue which LI I'll end up with. Also, I am, unusually, the least moral character in the party. How did that happen...? (Got stuck at a tomb door, so I'm checking the walkthrough, now.

It was fun. The maps were pretty, the dungeons were on the whole well thought out, and the uber-story hung together very well. Though - without the NPC Project characters chatting away I would probably have gotten frustrated at the silence pretty quickly.

I ended up dumping Korrin at the last minute. It hurt, but I felt that "We make a really good killing team!" probably wouldn't be good for him in the long run. (We had about 65% of the party kills by the end. Whoa - that's what having an archer with a stealthed rogue to paint the targets can do...) And, my PC was a little power-mad and amoral, and figured if she didn't stick with the paladin to keep her relatively straight she'd probably come to a very. bad. end. (And Holvir has a sense of humour and a stash of romance novels. Romance novels. To keep him warm on those lonely nights... I couldn't help but be charmed.)

If these novels ever get translated into English, I'll let you know. :) (I was referencing a popular female writer from Belarus, she's been translated into Polish, but no such luck with English, yet).

I'm so glad you got through to the end! You got player-initiated lovetalks each chapter, right? (Oh, right, since romance novels are from one of these lovetalks, if I'm not mistaken). Anyway, yay, and thanks for telling me! :D

They're real books? Nifty. (I only got one talk about the books, but it was nice.)

The lovetalks, friendtalks, interjections, and PIDs worked seamlessly. (I was using the IWD-in-BG2 conversion, and hit a few minor bugs in the rest of the game, but nothing unplayable.) Korrin, Holvir, and Severn were all great. Teri was fun; Nella was a touch bland, unfortunately - would have had more conversations if romanced, I guess. I really liked the PIDs - gave me entertaining conversation breaks when slaughtering things was getting old.

And I loved the bit at the end where the NPCs were making up happy endings for each other. It was awesomely sweet - they were a bunch of good guys who supported each other. My PC, on the other hand, almost threw it in and asked to be that Black Unicorn lady's disciple. Because - massive steel longboats paddled by giants, and lava, and crashing through the walls of the Drow city raining death and destruction, and more lava... (Her favourite spell was Fireball, funnily enough.) Its very strange, being the most evil character in the party, I must say.

Time to try IWD2!

Omigosh omigosh that boss fight in the Cleric's Tower was brutal. I really should have seen it coming, but all the Severed Hand fetch quests had lulled me into complacency and when I triggered it my party was entirely unbuffed and short on the really cool healing spells.

And then that evil godling Iyachtu Whatsit turns up and ai! And Sir Nord's strongest attacks with the freaking Holy Avenger were bouncing off and so were Jaemal's spells and ai!

So I ran around and hit him lots with sticks and healed up party members when I could and buffed when I could - I like to think that all the splash damage from Jaemal's fireballs had hardened my party members to all that Sunfire... and I cut him down first try. (Okay, so it was the super easy setting, but I still think I did good.) Best of all, my Cleric PC dealt the final blow to that jerk, and his little gelugon too.

My. God. Wins.

Yes, Iyachtu-whatsit, next time you're in a heavenly pissing match, you just remember getting cut down by a half-pint follower of Selune and stay humble, bro. Stay humble. Ahahahaha...

I'm enjoying the game a lot as a whole - also really glad of the bantering NPCs mod, so if you're reading this Domi, thank you very much.

Ooh, that does sound effective.

The fight on top of the tower was also pretty hard - ended up with the main cleric (Valeero) as the last woman standing on a tiny dab of red hit points, shakily raising the other guys from the dead. That was pretty cool.

The last fight was a bit heavy on mooks for me - makes things chaotic and annoying and makes my system lag, so I used Control-R and Control-Y in response. Less than satisfying, but I hate reloading annoying fights, too.

Three of the NPC project epilogues were awesome, I felt really bad for Jaemal, poor fella, and the romance epilogue was unhappy and really didn't seem to fit my PC or her behaviour, so I'm calling that Mirror of Time stuff a warning and we ran off and did something entirely different and fluffy instead. (Headcanon is headcanon...)

Good game; will play again.

Archived