Compatibility with BG2EE

Kelop

First: big thanks to Demivrgvs and all the contributors for the work around the Item Revisions mod! You guys are doing a great mod that adds a lot of fresh air to the game and simply makes it better.

Second: I have tried installing the IR V3 Beta 1.1 on BG2EE without success, so my question is if there is a way to make IR work on BG2EE now or/and if it's work in progress?

Kind of....I can't get everything to work, but most of the stuff works properly. Try this - download newest IR hotfixes if you haven't already done so, put this into your IR folder (to overwrite the old .tp2 file) and install. You do need a mod in your EE2 directory which is of newer date (or update Weidu yourself, but why bother?) to get IR to install; just extract SCSv28, Rogue Rebalancing or aTweaks into your game directory - no need to install, but it has to be extracted so Weidu updates itself. Use at your own peril.... :D

SCS fails to install over it. 2 items cause SCS to fail - boot11 (boots of etherealness) and blun27 (club of detonation +5). Removing the magical ability from these items seems to fix it somehow. Anyways, do use Ardanis' version, not my schenanigans. :)

Apperantly, it's something about "Shield bash" component which prevents SCS patching.

Thanks guys!

I'll try it as soon as I get some time. I assume that the "Ardanis's git repo" is a place where many people can cooperate on the always updated code of the mod.

The repo starts as the normal v3b116 (as the first commit shows) and reflects Ardanis's work on top of that. If i understood correctly reading the forum, this work together with Mike's work will constitute the final release but i may be way wrong.

As you see from the commit log, many things are fixed / implemented but one commit adds EE support that is why i suggested it. I don't know if it is "ready for use" but i use this version for a long time now on both EE (linux with wine) and normal BG2 (wine and germb) and everything works perfectly.

I play it now on BGT, it works fine. "Shield bash" must be installed after SCS, and armor resistances won't show up in their description, altough they work. Everything else seems to work fine. Maybe we can expect a real update soon....

I play it now on BGT, it works fine. "Shield bash" must be installed after SCS, and armor resistances won't show up in their description, altough they work. Everything else seems to work fine. Maybe we can expect a real update soon....

Maybe yes. :)

Speaking of which, considering you are my most trusty betatester, may I ask a couple of things?

Worst problem I had for v4 was to make IR compatible with the 1PP stuff that BGEE uses by default (especially helmets and shields because for some reason they changed all animation references), but afaik I managed to handle all of it before disappearing, and the unofficial v4 version Arda's uploaded should reflect this.

Short story:

- can you confirm helmet and shield animations are correctly displayed? do they correspond to icons and bams as well?

- if you ever notice any color/animation discrepancy on any item type (e.g. should be black but it's green, should be small shield but it has large animation, etc.) please report it so I can fix it :)

I have to say, I forgot myself this repo exists :D

Apperantly, it's something about "Shield bash" component which prevents SCS patching.

Highly unlikely, I would say. What exactly fails to install?

armor resistances won't show up in their description

I think it may have been intended on the grounds of descriptions already being bloated with all the other options...

I think it may have been intended on the grounds of descriptions already being bloated with all the other options...

I don't remember myself if we discussed this...hidden AC bonuses were not mentioned too, but considering we list everything else I don't think 1 more line is going to hurt. Am I wrong?

On a side note, Kreso is kindly helping me out: BGEE2 compatibility when it comes to shields was already almost perfect in your current repo Arda, I only need to check a few issues with helmet animations and we are done, but I don't know if the same install can work on both games unless IR adds the relevant animations as we do for shields... Anyway, I'll look into it between tonight and tomorrow.

@Arda, If I can handle the above mentioned stuff the only thing left should be updating the readme, isn't it? Am I missing something?

There's a bunch of BGEE items I've not worked on yet, but I would not let them slow down an official release if you ask me. I'm quite sure there will be at least another update after V4 where I can handle all that stuff (even hotfixes could be fine for easy stuff as few specific items).

Highly unlikely, I would say. What exactly fails to install?

Well, SCS says something that there's "no room to patch" or similar, hence it fails to initialize. If I don't install that component, works fine. It's not about the shields thenselves - it's about weapons and items which grant immunity to weapons (like Club of Detonation PFMW 1x/day). If I removed "magical" ability from those items it would install. Regardless, it can be installed after SCS, AI don't use shields anyway.

Small update: I've fixed a few issues (thanks kreso for helping me out) and afaik IR is now fully compatible with BGEE2.

I'll take a look at BGEE only items and see if I can do something about them, but they are not a priority of mine right now, and I won't allow them to delay the relase.

Short story: as soon as Arda finds some time to help me out with the readme and packaging stuff I think we are ready for a damn official release.

Archived