use of Find Familiar by a character in MP mode

Lemernis

But anyhoo... Is there a way for me to assign innate abilities to the .chr files for Bendalis, Dreppin, Karan, and Shistal using either DLTCEP or NI?

Well, the DLTCEP can(I use the v7.6d, so this is according to that), you edit .chr's in the "Load external creatures", it allows you to change the file header from .cre to .chr, you go to where you keep the .chr files and then just open the file. At least on my system it reports of the file being reordered(due to harmless inconsistency).

Then you select the Items & Spells, there you see the Memorised spells & innates, you select the "Level slot" to be: 17 Innate level 1 (x) ... the x being how many other spells it can cast. Then you choose the spell. Remember now, you should make a custom spells out of the regular spells(in the case of the True Sight, the spwi684.spl, not use the spcl732.spl like in the above), so you can assign them to be innates to your character.

You can add a lore adding effect to the character in DLTCEP, the effect needs to use the opcode #21.

Thanks for guiding me in for a landing here, you've been very kind and patient throughout.

In DLTCEP v7.6d, taking as an example that I want to add for Bendalis the Berserker Rage special ability I did the following:

First under "Edit spell" I loaded Berserker Rage SPCL321 and clicked "Save Spell as..." I named the spell SPCLBBR (BBR = Benadlis' Berserker Rage) and since the destination folder was Override by default that's where I saved it to.

Then I opened Edit Creature: new creature > Load external creature > and for .chr file type opened Bendalis' .chr file in the characters folder. I opened "Items & spells." Then inspecting "Level slot" I did not find "17 Innate level (x)." That is, there were no Innates at all appearing in the dropdown there. So and under "Spell level & type" I selected "Innate" and "spell level 1." Then "1 Innate level 1 (0)" appeared under "level slot." Under "Number of memorisable spells" I selected 1 of 1.

Under "Browse" for "Choose spell" I used the search function for SPCLBBR and it appeared (its location is in Override). I clicked OK and it appeared under "Resource." I think clicked "Save Creature As..." and selected the .chr file type, again saving the .chr file to Override which is the default.

I first assumed that Override would "override" a .chr file by the same name in "characters." But I tried importing Bendalis into a new game and the innate ability did not show up. So I tried renaming the .chr file to "Bendalis1," but still no luck--the innate ability does not show up. I.e., the special ability star icon is inactive.

I'm sorry I'm so dense at this, lol.

When I open Karan's .chr file and try to edit the Effect for opcode #21, for the "Effect opcode" dropdown I see only Unknown(x). I tried Unknown(21) but I'm not really making sense of what I get for that. I.e., I don't think that's showing the Lore ability (?), but if it is I can't see anywhere to increase the lore points to 10 per level-up.

When I open "Load effect" I don't see a list of opcodes...

When I open "Load effect" I don't see a list of opcodes...

Have you set up the DLTCEP correctly ? Go to the Setup, the "Location of IEEP effect descriptions (.dat -file)" has the data, the DLTCEP v7.6d comes natively with the .dat files in the extraction folder for BG1 & 2, IwD 1 & 2 and PST, use the BG2Effects.dat for both Enhanced Editions(BG1EE&BG2EE).

but if it is I can't see anywhere to increase the lore points to 10 per level-up.

That can't really be made, you should just give an amount that the char has already, level ups would indicate that the char has a kit that adds it.. and in there you can do it with the custom kit ability table, as you can add multiple same effects ...

Okay thanks. I'm using BG[2]EE as the game type and I had the chitin.key location correct. But indeed I had not chosen the correct location for the "Location of IEEP effect descriptions (.dat -file)." So that is now corrected (i.e., BG2Effects.dat in the DLTCEP extraction folder).

I still can't get Berserker Rage spell (saved as SPCLBBR to Override) to appear in-game for Bandalis, though. Do I have the "Level slot" set up wrong? I tried using the "Add level slot" button and the Innate now appears in the dropdown as "1 Innate 1 (0) /17" So I tried setting the memorization values at 1 and 17. But still no luck.

So wait a minute... When I try "adding" an effect to Bendalis, it looks like I should be able to simply select the kit effect for Berserker Rage. So I edited the added effect, under "Effect opcode"; and from the dropdown selected "Spell effect: Berserking [246]." I tried saving that as "bendalbr.eff " and assumed that it was assigned to the .chr file. But no luck in-game with doing that either.

So wait a minute... When I try "adding" an effect to Bendalis, it looks like I should be able to simply select the kit effect for Berserker Rage. So I edited the added effect, under "Effect opcode"; and from the dropdown selected "Spell effect: Berserking [246]." I tried saving that as "bendalbr.eff " and assumed that it was assigned to the .chr file.

In that case, you need to save the character, not the effect. So you should have just exited the effect when it was set up, and then save the change in the character.

Thanks Avenger. I have now set up the language.

This continues to perplex me. For Bendalis I opened the .chr file from "characters" and under Effects > Edit, I added the effect "Spell effect: Berserking [246]." I then exited effects and saved the .chr file to Override. But when I open the game and start a game with Bendalis the innate star button is still inactive! Grrr.

And again, I have also tried adding an innate spell slot for him, although this time rather than creating a copy of SPCL321 (Enrage) I tried just adding that spell directly, with memorization set to 1 and 1. Still nothing shows up. in-game.

Archived