Mod Install Issues on OSX

subtledoctor

You asked for feedback from OS X users. I'm running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) on my MacBook.

sox (from sarahtob) runs fine.

tisunpack (from bg2_tweks) failed. Error message:

./bg2_tweaks/tiz/osx/tisunpack

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.8.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00782/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources/./bg2_tweaks/tiz/osx/tisunpack

Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap: 5

tisunpack misses a libjpeg installed in /usr/local/lib. After installing libjpeg via "brew", tisunpack runs fine. Perhaps tisunpack can be linked with a static libjpeg. I don't know.

I'd like to say "Thank you very much" to everyone who puts so much effort in providing mods for native OS X users.

Cheers,

Stefan

I grabbed this version of tisunpack from the WeiDU archive. If anyone can compile a better version for OS X, please do! The source code can be found here.

After reading a bit: In order to link tisunpack with a static (included) jpeg-Library one first has to make a static libjpeg. I've done so with the current jpeg-9a-Version.

After that I compiled tisunpack with the compiler options "-O3 -arch i386 -arch x86_64" and linked it with the static libjpeg.a.

tisunpack runs on my system (x86_64, OS X 10.10 Yosemite). It should on 32- and 64-bit systems.

Because I'm new to this game I do not know how to provide the binaries to the community in a propper way. Please enlighten me.

Cheers,

Stefan

The binary runs now on 10.7 and 10.10. Hopefully on 10.8 and 10.9 too. If somebody with a 10.8 or 10.9 can please verify this.

To make sure I'm helping, is there a preferred method to check this? I can drop it into the BG2Tweaks /tiz folder and install a bunch of components, but that gives me no feedback about tisunpack. Can I assume it is properly working in the background if 10 or 20 components install without complaint? Is there a better/more precise way to test?

The binary runs now on 10.7 and 10.10. Hopefully on 10.8 and 10.9 too. If somebody with a 10.8 or 10.9 can please verify this.

To make sure I'm helping, is there a preferred method to check this? I can drop it into the BG2Tweaks /tiz folder and install a bunch of components, but that gives me no feedback about tisunpack. Can I assume it is properly working in the background if 10 or 20 components install without complaint? Is there a better/more precise way to test?

1. Ensure tisunpack runs at all: Run ./tisunpack without arguments and it should display the usage message:

./tisunpack

Usage: tisunpack [-s] [-f] [-o outfile.tis] infile.tiz

args:
  -s              Be silent. Supply twice for really silent.
  -h              Don't write the 24-byte tis header.
  -f              Force overwrite of existing output file.
  -d              Dither 24-bit tiles.
  -o outfile.tis  Select output file. The default is <infile>.tis.
  -e              Do not halt on errors.
  -V              Print version number and exit

2. Replace tisunpack in the unpacked mods, e.g. assuming the new tisunpack is stored as /tmp/tisunpack. Then

cd ...BG resource directory...
find . -name tisunpack -exec cp -a /tmp/tisunpack {} \;

finds all tisunpack binaries in all unpacked mods. They are being replaced by the new binary /tmp/tisunpack.

3. Now install the mod. If tisunpack is used at all, you'll see messages like this (from my questpack install):

Processing QUESTPACK/LICH/TIZ/D0AR01.TIZ...
Unpacking 1189 tiles in QUESTPACK/LICH/TIZ/D0AR01.TIZ to questpack/lich/tiz/D0AR01.tis
unpacked 626 tiles with method 0, 0 tiles with method 1, 563 tiles with method 2

or from Amber

Processing AMBER/TIZ/M#AR01.TIZ...
Unpacking 300 tiles in AMBER/TIZ/M#AR01.TIZ to amber/tiz/M#AR01.tis
unpacked 0 tiles with method 0, 0 tiles with method 1, 300 tiles with method 2
Copying 1 file ...
Processing AMBER/TIZ/M#AR02.TIZ...
Unpacking 564 tiles in AMBER/TIZ/M#AR02.TIZ to amber/tiz/M#AR02.tis
unpacked 311 tiles with method 0, 0 tiles with method 1, 253 tiles with method 2
Copying 1 file ...
Processing AMBER/TIZ/M#AR03.TIZ...
Unpacking 482 tiles in AMBER/TIZ/M#AR03.TIZ to amber/tiz/M#AR03.tis
unpacked 244 tiles with method 0, 0 tiles with method 1, 238 tiles with method 2
Copying 1 file ...
Processing AMBER/TIZ/M#AR04.TIZ...
Unpacking 360 tiles in AMBER/TIZ/M#AR04.TIZ to amber/tiz/M#AR04.tis
unpacked 205 tiles with method 0, 0 tiles with method 1, 155 tiles with method 2
Copying 1 file ...
Processing AMBER/TIZ/M#AR05.TIZ...
Unpacking 130 tiles in AMBER/TIZ/M#AR05.TIZ to amber/tiz/M#AR05.tis
unpacked 82 tiles with method 0, 0 tiles with method 1, 48 tiles with method 2
Copying 1 file ...
Processing AMBER/TIZ/M#AR06.TIZ...
Unpacking 479 tiles in AMBER/TIZ/M#AR06.TIZ to amber/tiz/M#AR06.tis
unpacked 229 tiles with method 0, 0 tiles with method 1, 250 tiles with method 2

Unfortunately I never saw tisunpack messages while installing bg2_tweaks. I don't know which tweak-option triggers the use of tisunpack.

Cheers,

Stefan

Unfortunately I never saw tisunpack messages while installing bg2_tweaks. I don't know which tweak-option triggers the use of tisunpack.

tisunpack is only used by Tweaks in one place--the new NORH map for Sensible Entrance Points, and only for BG2/BGT (not BGIIEE) games.

A quicker check might be G3 Anniversary. It's got both sox and tisunpack going for it, though I can't remember if it's using HANDLE_ macros or not.

Archived