How to Apply to Get a Mod Hosted

Thimblerig

I'm curious, and I couldn't find an answer in the tutorial section:

Assuming that one has a mod they've created, fully beta-tested, readme-ed, and what-not (I don't yet but, plans) - how does one go about getting it hosted here?

I assume you contact an administrator - should you get a sampler together, write a summary, supply a glowing character reference from the local pastor...

What's best practice?

Hm... We should consider the glowing character reference from the local pastor for the future...

Joking aside: PM to an admin or a Gibberling of your trust is OK, and preferably with a working Alpha: Something to look at content and coding, and that gives reassurance it will not add to the inactive projects page (I have seen too many mod ideas die to believe in anything anymore, no offence meant).

And then: Patience, patience, patience. Gibberlings get time to vote, and it takes time until a representative amount of votes is collected.

Usually just shoot me and theacefes a request, a summary of the mod, and a link to whatever's been coded so far. We'll usually discuss it for a while amongst the team and then either give a yes or a here's-what-we're-worried-about. Like any site, we've been burned a few times with accepting mods too early that then never get done, so we tend to look for mods further along these days. It's incredibly informal, though, and the timeline depends heavily on who's around. polytope asked for hosting back in January October for his then-beta polytweak, and we finally got back to him yesterday--just in time for v3.

edit: Wow, polytope's wait was worse than I remembered.

Archived