hell,stat rewards

Hello. First of all I must admit that I am only about 70% sure that this is related to fixpack at all, but trying to pinpoint the mod responsible is prohibitively difficult.

When taking he evil path, in the vanilla game, you receive +2 strength that stacks on top of other bonuses you may have.

For example, belt of fire giant strength (22 str) and this hell bonus would give you a strength of 24.

However, I notice that the strength increase I receive now is simply an increase in the base stat. In other words, utterly useless.

Just to make it clear this has absolutely nothing to do with the famous controversy about additional stat bonuses that player receives.

God is my witness I tried to solve this myself. The closest I got to the issue is this from teardoor.bcs:

IF
Clicked([ANYONE])
InPartySlot(LastTrigger,0)
Range(LastTrigger,16)
PartyHasItem("miscb9") // Tears of Bhaal
Global("Player1Wrath","GLOBAL",2)
Global("BhaalDoor","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ScreenShake([4.4],5)
CreateVisualEffect("spnpoisi",[2174.451])
PlaySound("EFF_M18a")
Wait(1)
DisplayString(Myself,302) // You take a Tear of Bhaal from your pack and place it in an eye. The eye closes and guards the door no longer.
DisplayStringHead(Player1,61971) // You have been granted +2 to your strength.
TakePartyItem("miscb9") // Tears of Bhaal
CloseDoor("Eye05")
SetGlobal("TearEye5","GLOBAL",1)
IncrementGlobal("TearDoor","GLOBAL",1)
ApplySpell(Player1,HELL_WRATH_EVIL)
END

However I can not find HELL_WRATH_EVIL and even if I did, I am not sure how I would modify it.

A partial solution would be for someone who has a relevant save file, to open it in shadowkeeper and describe the affect that increases the str score.

if you ask me, you were lucky it ever worked for you to get 24. As soon as you'd reequip the belt, the bonus would get ignored (application order matters). And since you're supposed to get permanent upgrades, only a base stat change makes story sense.

if you ask me, you were lucky it ever worked for you to get 24. As soon as you'd reequip the belt, the bonus would get ignored (application order matters). And since you're supposed to get permanent upgrades, only a base stat change makes story sense.

Yeah, this. The belts are supposed to set strength to a set value, so other bonuses should not stack with them. Much like Carsomyr's fixed magic resistance, though, there are various temporary ways around this that we can't really address. The other problem is that the timing mode that would allow it to stack would also make it go away with death (not that it matters for player1, as the game ends).

If you still want to change it, you can look up HELL_WRATH_EVIL in spell.ids. It'll be one of the spin spells (spin690 or 850 or somesuch) and you'll need to change timing from 1 to 9. Or 9 to 1.

You could also just use Item Revision, who largely does away with the set-[stat]-shenanigans that makes base stats basically moot.

For example:

Girdle of the Champion
Equipped Abilities:
Strength: +3 bonus
Immunity to fear effects

Notes: "replaces" vanilla's Girdle of Fire Giant Strength (which was setting STR to 22).

Archived