Bug reports in v29

DavidW

Np, glad I could help.

One more question (not a bug) - I've noticed that some Triggers in library are like this:

TRIGGER=FreeAction
TRIGGER=Poison
True()
What does this True() mean? All checks skipped?
Additionaly, in library.ssl
TRIGGER=Paralyse
!Kit(scstarget,UNDEADHUNTER)
!Kit(scstarget,INQUISITOR)
!CheckStatGT(scstarget,0,CLERIC_FREE_ACTION)
!General(scstarget,UNDEAD)
is missing !CheckStatGT(scstarget,0,SCRIPTINGSTATE4).

I have an issue when trying to install and play on BG:EE although same method works fine for BG2:EE. The BG:EE install seems to work and follows the usual process however when I run BG:EE SCS is not present. The only unusual message I noticed during install was this:

[setup-stratagems] WeiDU version 23700

ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, going ahead anyway!

Sys_error("setup-stratagems: No such file or directiory")

Could be me doing something wrong but same process does work fine for 2.

Thanks.

when I run BG:EE SCS is not present.

I doubt it. Try installing "smarter mages", or, if you already have, attack Firebeard as soon as you start the game. Alternatively, check your Weidu document in your game directory.

when I run BG:EE SCS is not present.

I doubt it. Try installing "smarter mages", or, if you already have, attack Firebeard as soon as you start the game. Alternatively, check your Weidu document in your game directory.

I can assure you it isn't :). Quickest way to check is to look for the Ease of use script although the skip Candlekeep guy also doesn't appear and trying Firebead he just tries to cast horror with no precasts ( I use option 1)

Np, glad I could help.

One more question (not a bug) - I've noticed that some Triggers in library are like this:

TRIGGER=FreeAction

TRIGGER=Poison

True()

What does this True() mean? All checks skipped?

It's a blank placeholder. (It would be better replaced by /* blank */)

Additionaly, in library.ssl

TRIGGER=Paralyse

!Kit(scstarget,UNDEADHUNTER)

!Kit(scstarget,INQUISITOR)

!CheckStatGT(scstarget,0,CLERIC_FREE_ACTION)

!General(scstarget,UNDEAD)

is missing !CheckStatGT(scstarget,0,SCRIPTINGSTATE4).

Thanks, agreed.

If it's not present at all, I suspect you've installed it in the wrong directory. Do you have two copies of BGEE installed?

It's definitely going in the right directory (my Beamdog 07766) & I only have one copy. All the usual SCS icons appear in the directory once I've done it. I'm going to try running setup-stratagems from the game directory once it's been moved there.

I'm now installing it the old fashioned way to see if that works. Setup-stratagems only appeared in my directory after I'd run the autoinstaller and selected quit without installing anything. The old way takes considerably longer although one the component that didn't install so far was the Ease of use AI which came up with an error. For some reason my screenshot of the error didn't work, apologies & hopefully this isn't an issue for anyone else.

Right well following that method Smarter Mages is definitely working. Ease of use didn't install which doesn't bother me too much. I didn't get the option to skip candlekeep either despite selecting the skip completely option, but as long as the AI components are working I'm a happy man. Probably just me but I didn't do anything different to BG2 for the auto-install except change the directory to the correct one and did try three times.

It's a blank placeholder. (It would be better replaced by /* blank */)

Ok...can I swap SCRIPTINGSTATE triggers for various Spell Immunity spells (Alteration, Evocation, Conjuration) to something that would "null" them? (I was hoping True() could do it)

Reason why I'm asking is because SRv4 removes few of them (it uses 3 - Enchantment, Divination, Abjuration) and I'd like to remove the the others from scrips alltogether (I'm hoping for less lag).

Example:

TRIGGER=SIIllusion
!CheckStat(scstarget,5,WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY)
I'd change to
TRIGGER=SIIllusion
True()
Would this work so irrelevant SpellImmunity checks would be skipped on a SR install?

If you want to do it on your own local version, replace

!CheckStat(scstarget,5,WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY)

with

/* blank */

To do it so it's sensitive to the install you're on, you'd also need to put the original triggers in library_notsr.slb.

Thanks, DavidW for new SCS.

I just did install and only bug I found is that "%NPC_BLADE_BARRIER_INSTANT%" in DW#SEND8.BCS, GAAL.BCS, SENBATTL.BCS isn't compiled, so probably,

NPC_BLADE_BARRIER should be added to caster_shared\instant.2da

Edit: 1 more:

DW#VAMIM.SPL is missing resource = SPWNCHRM.VEF

and 1 cosmetic fix:

DW#SHW1.SPL is named {literal:Lesser Werewolf Token}

if you change "{literal:%name%}" to "%name%" in gameplay\shapeshift.tpa, line 264, name of the spell is correctly written in game.

Edit nr.2:

Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Skip Candlekeep altogether

doesn't work, it removes tutors, but watcher doesn't appear.

It's definitely going in the right directory (my Beamdog 07766) & I only have one copy. All the usual SCS icons appear in the directory once I've done it. I'm going to try running setup-stratagems from the game directory once it's been moved there.

Have you installed the game so that you can actually modify it's content ? AKA, if you have the Steam version of the game, you need to read this. Also if you install the game to the C drive, and have Windows XP, Vista or 7, you need to install the game outside the Programs Files (sub-)folders(and their OS-language equivalents), and if you have Windows 8(or 8.1), then you need to install the game on the C drive to the C:\Users\<username>\ sub-directories ... JUST so that you have the file modifying privileges !

And the games data-association is not from a shadow/mirrored folders. AKA from the normally invisible set-ed C:\ProgramData -folder, and the like.

Have you installed the game so that you can actually modify it's content ? AKA, if you have the Steam version of the game, you need to read this. Also if you install the game to the C drive, and have Windows XP, Vista or 7, you need to install the game outside the Programs Files (sub-)folders(and their OS-language equivalents), and if you have Windows 8(or 8.1), then you need to install the game on the C drive to the C:\Users\<username>\ sub-directories ... JUST so that you have the file modifying privileges !

And the games data-association is not from a shadow/mirrored folders. AKA from the normally invisible set-ed C:\ProgramData -folder, and the like.

Yeah I have the beamdog version and I'm following exactly the same steps for the autoinstall as for BG2:EE (except using the corresponding gamefolders!) but SCS just doesn't register in game on my BG:EE whereas installs perfectly on BG2:EE. I've done 3x fresh autoinstalls and 1x reinstall to no avail. As I said though using setup-stratagems once it appears in the folders seems to have worked - at least for the smarter mages which is as far as i've got!

Archived