SR + IWDEE

subtledoctor

Ah! Yes, I searched around the forums and found the issue as you were typing. I'll just comment out the Dispel Magic fix.

I'm updating to the 1.4 patch and updating a few of the mods used anyway, so whatevs.

Btw another thing I saw before stopping playing is that druids were getting MSI and a similar-looking spell that summons lizard men... it could have been an artifact of the uninstall/reinstall routine I used to shoehorn SR into the game, I also noticed some text problems as well that are typical when doing that. I'll see if it happens on a completely clean install tonight.

What do you have to edit to allow SR, IR and KR to install on IWD?

Are there any plans for them to be fully compatible with IWD?

It's not doable- unless of course you mean the IWD:EE, in which case I'll hand this question to Demi to answer.

Why, because the formation of the files are different between the two games, the opcodes are vastly different and there's no kits in the non EE Icewind Dale game.

If you open up item_rev.tp2 you'll see that every component has a line like

REQUIRE_PREDICATE (ENGINE_IS ~soa tob totsc bgee bg2ee~) @9002

Just add iwdee to that list so it reads

REQUIRE_PREDICATE (ENGINE_IS ~soa tob totsc bgee bg2ee iwdee~) @9002

Same with Spell Rev, just be aware that only certain components of SR should be enabled - NOT the Dispel Fix, not the deva animations, not the Cure Sleep Fix, not the Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs. NWN-style Spell Deflection blocking AoE effects will probably work, but it's cheaty since AI wizards won't use it in IWD. So really for SR you only want to enable the core component ("DESIGNATED 0").

This stuff does not work perfectly, mind you, it's never been tested on IWDEE. In my current ongoing playthrough there are some issues, like most potions have vanilla effects instead of the IR effects. (Still have stupid Potions of Infravision instead of Potions of True Sight :( ) SR's spells don't all patch... Wizards still get the IWD Monster Summoning spells instead of the SR ones (with the exception of the one at 5th level, I think - that's giving me 2 ogre berserkers and an ogre mage, it's great).

It's not perfect, but it works, and it's better than playing vanilla (IMHO).

I can't see to get kit revisions to install.. Any tips?

Iirc, the Monk string ref is pointing out too far. I don't have IWDEE so can't help you with details.

What you need to change is this line of code in KR tp2:

OUTER_SET monk_strref = 45867
ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgee~) BEGIN
OUTER_SET monk_strref = 24234
END
ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~iwdee~) BEGIN // this you need to add
OUTER_SET monk_strref = ????? // I don't know the stref for monks in IWDEE
STRING_SET_EVALUATE monk_strref @6 // Monk description
/*------ KIT REVISIONS ------*/
BEGIN ~Kit Revisions~
DESIGNATED 0
INCLUDE ~kit_rev/lib/kit_strref.tpa~
ACTION_IF (ENGINE_IS ~tob~) BEGIN
---> Changed tob to iwdee

/*------ TRUE MONK ------*/
OUTER_SET monk_strref = 45867
ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgee~) BEGIN
OUTER_SET monk_strref = 24234
END
---> changed strref to 34606 and bgee to iwdee
Still won't install. I get ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "bgmain.exe")

ehm.. Not sure? just use the mods themselves.. How do I patch/upgrade weidu?

Just download some mod which uses the relevant version and run it in your IWDEE directory, no need to install the mod actually (Rogue Rebalancing or similar uses newest Weidu so you can try that).

ehm.. Not sure? just use the mods themselves.. How do I patch/upgrade weidu?

Just download some mod which uses the relevant version and run it in your IWDEE directory, no need to install the mod actually (Rogue Rebalancing or similar uses newest Weidu so you can try that).

Ok I did that. Weidu is now version 23700. Still get the same error though..

My mod (in my sig) has Weidu v238 bundled with it. Or you can get it from the pocketplane.net forums. Just rename the .exe to match KR's.

Wait... it looks like you changed "ENGINE_IS ~tob~" to "ENGINE_IS ~iwdee~" in one place. I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that - from the error it looks like KR is patching BGMAIN.exe, and any part of KR that patches the executable won't work on IWDEE. (*Best-case-scenario* is it won't work... worst-case-scenario it could hose your game and you need to download the 2.4GB again.)

Undo that change. You only want to add IWDEE where you already see another EE game.

Archived