Keep'em close

Salk

Hello again!

I have another question. I thought it was nice to have the Familiar follow its Master so I thought of this:

////////////////////////////////
///Keep the Familiar close   ///
////////////////////////////////

IF
Exists(Myself)
ActionListEmpty()
!See([ENEMY])
!ActuallyInCombat()
THEN
RESPONSE #50
MoveToObjectFollow(Player1)
RESPONSE #50
NoAction()
END

The problem is that I really would like to make it so that if the familiar is selected (green circle activated) this doesn't fire. Is that possible?

Thanks!

I don't think so. I don't the a real need, anyway.

Well, it's not *needed* but I do think it's nice that the familiar follows... But without excluding the time it's selected then I can but scrap it.

If anyone has an alternative suggestion...

Well, it's not *needed* but I do think it's nice that the familiar follows... But without excluding the time it's selected then I can but scrap it.

If anyone has an alternative suggestion...

I meant it the other way. It *is* nice, I've it in my mod. I don't see a need to make difference whether it's selected or not. I control following through dialogue.

So as said, just make a dialog with the familiar that sets a global value( familiarfollowme ) to 0 (-Don't follow me) and another that sets it to 1 (-Follow me), and use it in this:

IF
Global("familiarfollowme","GLOBAL",1)
Exists(Myself)
ActionListEmpty()
!See([ENEMY])
!ActuallyInCombat()
THEN
RESPONSE #50
MoveToObjectFollow(Player1)
RESPONSE #50
NoAction()
END

It's 10 minutes of work to add it to gemrb, but you'd need to extend trigger.ids with something that is always true for the original engine not to barf. Rewiring to True() should do the job. For tobex, much more, since the relevant offsets are probably unknown.

I guess I'll need to flesh out a few utility functions for weidu once people start wanting to mod with gemrb-only features, maintaining compatibility with the originals in other ways.

Archived