the "Faiths and Powers" mod

subtledoctor

Oh no - the whole point of this mod* is to provide a new, alternative sphere system grounded in a somewhat different design philosophy. If you try to install both sphere systems, I can only guess that Bad Things will happen. Remember Ghostbusters? Don't cross the beams, man.

* Okay that's not the whole point of the mod... it has grown in scope as we have developed it.

Here's the lowdown on DR compatibility:

- I believe DR is meant to be installed before other priest kits. FnP is meant to be installed after all other priest kits. If this is correct, it means the two mods can interact very nicely.

- You can install the DR kits alone, without the DR sphere system, only with DRv8. If you do this, and then install FnP, all of the DR kits will automatically work with the FnP deity-choice system and spheres/HLAs system. And, as of last night, with the revised item use system. (Unfortunately, this is not perfect, because several kits in DRv8 have bugs. Hopefully it gets updated soon.)

- You can install DR with the DR sphere system, in which case you should use 'option 2' in FnP's first component. This will let you install FnP kits as standalone mod kits. In this case you should say 'No' when asked whether to install the FnP sphere system. (Unfortunately the FnP standalone kits are not coded with specific compatibility with the DR sphere system... it's on my to-do list and will happen in a few weeks, hopefully.)

So, the big picture is not perfect right now. Soon, hopefully, we will get to a place where you can use all of the DR and FnP kits and they will all work with either sphere system. But both mods require small updates for that to happen.

Oh no - the whole point of this mod* is to provide a new, alternative sphere system grounded in a somewhat different design philosophy. If you try to install both sphere systems, I can only guess that Bad Things will happen. Remember Ghostbusters? Don't cross the beams, man.

That's like I suspected but the "compatible with DR" confused me. But, thanks for the details about how they can work together. For me, it's not like I can't live without DR but will look forward to the possibilities down the road. Thanks.

Okay, many moons later, I just posted a major update for the beta download. The changes include:

- A new installation method. This installs everything in the mod with a single keystroke, *except* the deity-choice dialogue. So all of the new kits appear in the regular character generation menus. This is a great way to browse all the new stuff.

- New ranger kits. The basic trueclass ranger is split into five geographically-based variants, following the model of druids. Each has a few small different characteristics, and slightly different spell access. Each also has a predetermined set of about five racial enemies, against whom they get combat bonuses.

Additionally, there are six 'Dervish' kits each focusing on a single element, like mystics do. They have a chance to do extra damage or another effect with every melee hit.

Finally, I've added the Mage Hunter and Barbarian Ranger kits, as well as the Halfling Slinger and Elven Archer which replace the basic Archer for those two races. These kits, along with the Archer and Stalker, are considered to be in the 'Scout' subclass.

- New, proper multiclass kits. One of the reasons why the mod requires EE 2.0+, is the inclusion of real multiclass kits. Unlike the EEKeeper method of slapping a single-class kit onto a multiclass character, these kits can have distinct weapon proficiency limits, and distinct HLA tables - including having custom HLAs tables created by our sphere system. And they appear in the kit menus when you select a multiclass, just like when you select a single-class. It's super cool.

- Lots of refinements and bug-fixing. The kit-choice dialogue now works with all divine classes, not just clerics, and is more robust. The item usability code make automatic distinctions between different subclasses, so (e.g.) all Acolytes get Lore bonuses and extra spells in exchange for being limited to light armors. The sphere system and HLA system are less prone to bugs and support multiclass characters. Etc.

All we have left to do is add the IWDEE spells for the sphere system (so it will no longer be reliant on IWDification), and add a few paladin kits, and add a few shaman kits. So close!

This new beta is available at the same download link as always. If anyone doesn't have the link and would like it, just let me know. Cheers.

Nice work subtle! :worship: But when I try to install "@1000=install Sphere System", i get this error

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: COPY ~faiths_and_powers/lib/qd_mc/QD_MC_AP.eff~ ~override/*#.eff~ FAILED: cannot open target
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [D5_SLING.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Sys_error("override/*#.eff: Invalid argument"))

ERROR Installing [install Sphere System], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1505 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 1000.
Uninstalled 1505 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 1000.
ERROR: Sys_error("override/*#.eff: Invalid argument")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.DEBUG to SubtleD and Grammarsalad
Using Language [English] 

BWS is ready for you new version:

https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup/commits/b4a981da8d98c6e26cd2048a464bc216b4ea3e2c

Also: Does the whole mod s now only EE 2.0+ or only component 102 / other components?

Hmm. That time it seems to have hiccupped when running the qd_multiclass routine on the multiclss cleric of Torm. Could this be a hardware issue? Does the sphere system just try to do too much without pausing for breath? It's tough for me to figure out because that install option works perfectly fine for me.

Try this: in /lib/sphere_system.tpa, cut the line beginning "PATCH_IF (~%sphere%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~SPHERES~" at line 2153, and paste it in up higher at line 2149 (above the line beginning "FOR (col = 1;")

Also, a few lines above that at line 2147, change "FOR (row = 0;" to "FOR (row = 2;"

Then see if those changes make a difference.

This is how the code looks after you instruction:

FOR (row = 2; row < rows; ++row) BEGIN // iterate over rows
			READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER rows row 0 sphere // read first column
			PATCH_IF (~%sphere%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~SPHERES~)
			FOR (col = 1; col < cols; ++col) BEGIN // iterate over columns
			  READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER rows row col ability // read column value
			  SET string_length = (STRING_LENGTH ~%ability%~) - 3
			  LPF SUBSTRING INT_VAR start = 3 length = EVAL %string_length% STR_VAR string = EVAL ~%ability%~ RET abil_new = substring END
			  BEGIN	
				INNER_ACTION BEGIN 
				  COPY ~faiths_and_powers/lib/qd_mc/QD_MC_AP.eff~ ~override/%abil_new%#.eff~
					WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x30 ~%abil_new%~
					SET col_length = STRING_LENGTH ~%col%~
				  ACTION_IF (%col_length% = 1) BEGIN 

and I've getting syntax error:

In state 1352, I expected one of these tokens:
  [38] PLUS
  [48] BEGIN
  [64] LT
  [77] MINUS
  [102] BASR
  [131] GT
  [144] BXOR
  [154] DIVIDE
  [186] BLSR
  [209] BOR
  [215] BLSL
  [235] QUESTION
  [238] TIMESTIMES
  [283] OR
  [303] AND
  [314] TIMES
  [322] EQUALSEQUALS
  [345] LTE
  [371] THEN
  [375] BAND
  [398] EQUALS
  [416] GTE
  [418] NOTEQUALS
Parse error (state 1352) at FOR

[faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_system.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 2150 column 24-26
Near Text: FOR
        GLR parse error

[faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_system.tpa]  ERROR at line 2150 column 24-26
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_system.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR Installing [Select an installation method below: -> all the new kits and the sphere system, but kits in menus], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1966 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 102.
Uninstalled    1966 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 102.
In state 1352, I expected one of these tokens:
  [38] PLUS
  [48] BEGIN
  [64] LT
  [77] MINUS
  [102] BASR
  [131] GT
  [144] BXOR
  [154] DIVIDE
  [186] BLSR
  [209] BOR
  [215] BLSL
  [235] QUESTION
  [238] TIMESTIMES
  [283] OR
  [303] AND
  [314] TIMES
  [322] EQUALSEQUALS
  [345] LTE
  [371] THEN
  [375] BAND
  [398] EQUALS
  [416] GTE
  [418] NOTEQUALS
Parse error (state 1352) at FOR

[faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_system.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 2150 column 24-26
        GLR parse error

[faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_system.tpa]  ERROR at line 2150 column 24-26
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_system.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
Error Uninstalling [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 102:
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.DEBUG to SubtleD and Grammarsalad
Using Language [English]

Could you please post you own version of the code?

There needs to be a BEGIN at the end of the line with PATCH_IF (~%sphere%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~SPHERES~) on line 2149. I meant to move that whole line.

So it ends up like

PATCH_IF (~%sphere%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~SPHERES~) BEGIN
And then delete the stray BEGIN down there between LPF SUBSTRING... and INNER_ACTION...

I don't have the whole code to post - the code on my computer hasn't changed, because it actually works for me. I'm just doing this from my phone, trying to see if this changes anything for you.

Archived