the "Faiths and Powers" mod

subtledoctor

Okay: I've uploaded a new beta that has largely changed how the sphere spells work. If you are a beta tester, you can re-download from the same link.

The changes in this new version are in response to the concerns raised by Roxanne. They make things a bit more complicated - for me at least :p - but things should be much more compatible with other mods, specifically scripting mods. Here is what happens now:

- Any spells in the Sphere List array which are priest spells, and which have the same level as in vanilla, are basically unchanged. So those Cure Wounds spells will trigger the banter in Roxanne's mod, and casting Restoration on Raissa will let you complete the Skinchanger quest. :)

- Any priest spells whose level is different from vanilla, create a cloned spell at the new level. The new spell uses opcode 146 "cast spell" to cast the original vanilla spells.

- Any priest spells with focus access also create cloned spells at one level below the normal level, and the cloned focus spell uses opcode 146 to cast the original spell.

- Any non-priest spells (wizard spells, or converted innate abilities like Shadowstep) work like the old beta: they make a clone spell, and a 2nd clone spell for focus access, and players will get access to these clone spells. These clones will not have any IDS names attached to them, so they will not interact with scripts at all. This means when your Priest of Mystra casts Breach at an SCS mage, and the SCS script looks for whether "WIZARD_BREACH" has been cast, the script will erroneously miss your action. In-game, the effect of this should be very small, and it should only come up very very rarely. So I'm comfortable with this for now. As more people put the beta through its paces, if any issues arise, I will look for more perfect solutions.

Cheers! And thanks for the feedback everyone, especially Roxanne and (as always) Jarno!

Sounds good - can I have the link again, I am just starting a new game, so it is a good point to re.try,

No problem, PM sent.

Nice, I have the new version installed and started a new game again with PC priestess of Leira and my NPC fighter cleric.

I looked at the prvious issues with double spells etc and it appears they are fixed.

Looking at both spellbooks, now each spell appears only once, the spellbooks contain a mixture of SPPR SPIN and your D1S5 spells but each spell only appears once.

A minor point - the *replacement* action in the spellbook on level up has some delay (probably somthing you cannot alter) - when I assigned XPs to level up, an original spell was shown. I put it to learned spells and rested party. After rest the spell was not learned, the slot was empty and in the known part of the spellbook the *new* spell had now replaced the one I tried to assign originally. Of course this may be an oddity because I performed those actions to test it, so it may not be that directly apparent in *normal* gameplay. Anyway the delay is visible and can lead to such effects. 1)

I will start a new game and play normal to see how the new version appears under unforced circumstances.

Edit 1) The involved spells were: On level up - cure minor wounds appeared as lvl 1 new spell - put it into learned spells - rested - learned slot was empty again - now curse was lvl 1 new spell known.

Yeah, it's unavoidable. Beware, hyper-technical Wall Of Text follows!

My old mod just controlled kit access to priest spells by removing them from your spellbook -- e.g. it would remove Animate Dead from priests of Lathander. But, every spell that is a valid priest spell usable by your class/kit is automatically *added* to your spellbook, every level. :( So the removal effect in the CLAB has to happen every level. Worse, during the level-up process, the CLAB effects happen before the spell adding. So you need to set the removal to a 1-second delay so that it doesn't happen until after you get back into the game and unpause it. So, with my old mod, priests of Lathander could memorize Animate Dead, if you do it quickly.

This mod, like DR before it, takes the opposite approach: eliminate all spells from the get-go, so that none are automatically added by the game. Then you can just add whichever spells are appropriate. BUT, if you do that, then you cannot get through character generation, because there will be no spells available to learn. On PCs, with the EEs at least, you can hit enter to bypass those screens. But on iPads you cannot proceed - you cannot play.

SO, a hybrid approach is needed. I chose a single spell at each level to be available during character generation:

Cure Light Wounds
Slow Poison
Cure Disease
Cure Medium Wounds
Cure Critical Wounds
Heal
Regeneration

These spells are therefore automatically added by the game at each level-up; they therefore need to be removed 1 second after each level-up (because a number of kits will not have full access to the sphere of Healing).

So, it's an unavoidable issue. The best that I can do is smooth it out a bit. Seems to me, what might be best is to shift the sphere-adding spells to a 2-second delay. So you will level-up, and only have one spell at the new level; then a second after you unpause that spell will disappear; and then a second after that, your new spells will appear (including, most of the time, the same spell that just disappeared). And then I'll just put a big bolded note in the readme telling users to unpause the game for 2 seconds after level-up before trying to memorize anything.

These spells are therefore automatically added by the game at each level-up; they therefore need to be removed 1 second after each level-up (because a number of kits will not have full access to the sphere of Healing)

Explain me please ... WHY THE HELL NOT ?

Umm, I don't know. Maybe some deity is not into healing, and so their priests don't have major access to that sphere. In our current concept, the sphere of healing has the same status as any other one, and therefore kits may only have minor access to it. Like, Mystics will only have minor access to the sphere of Healing, but major access to the sphere of Vigor. So they won't be able to cast Heal, they'll get Regeneration instead.

Although, I'm just now realizing that this beta has a bug, because that CLAB removal effect runs every level, and thus it will remove those healing spells even from kits that *do* have major access to that sphere.

Frankly, if we could decide one sphere that every single cleric and paladin kit should have access to, and one sphere that every single druid/mystic and ranger kit should have access to, it would make my job a lot easier.

Early builds gave clerics access to Divine Aid, and druids/mystics access to Vigor. I stopped that when I started using clone spells, but now that we're back to using SPPR spells, I think it will be necessary again.

Roxanne, if you want to hold off on that playthrough, I'll upload a new beta later tonight.

EDIT - I forgot: be advised, some spells in Vigor/Divine Aid have level changes, so doing this will require the use of ADD_SPELL for a few of them.

Umm, I don't know. Maybe some deity is not into healing, and so their priests don't have major access to that sphere. In our current concept, the sphere of healing has the same status as any other one, and therefore kits may only have minor access to it. Like, Mystics will only have minor access to the sphere of Healing, but major access to the sphere of Vigor. So they won't be able to cast Heal, they'll get Regeneration instead.

But that doens't mean that you have to remove every one of the fucking spells !

You only need to remove the 5th level Heal spell in the given circomstance ... realize that NOW, please man. This by the way is the reason why most people do not op to use the sphere system... it's totally bonkers ... on how it's used/defined. Minor access is everyone of the spell in the given sphere under the level 4-5 border, major access is all the spells over it. That's how you should define it. And that's it.

Minor access is spell levels 1-3. Major access is levels 4-7. Some spells are moved... e.g. Animate Dead is moved to 4th level, so only kits with major access to the sphere of Death can conjure a skeleton warrior. Contrarily, Lesser Restoration is moved to 3rd level, because that spell is very important in BG2 and everyone should get it even if they lack major access to Divine Aid.

I'm trying to remember which kit doesn't have major access to Healing... oh yeah, it's the priest of Gruumsh in elminster's Frosty Journey mod for IWDEE. The kit description specifically says it doesn't get high-level healing spells. So when I apply the sphere system to it, I give it minor access to the Healing sphere. You think that's unreasonable?

Bear in mind, that means the kit can cast Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Medium, and Regeneration at 6th level. (Regeneration is in the sphere of Vigor.) Oh and if you use SR, you'll also get Demi's 'Regenerate Wounds' spells as well, they go into the sphere of Vigor.

So in short, no one is going to lack healing spells. Some kits might just have slightly fewer healing spells.

May this problem have been re-introduced?

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26838&page=3&do=findComment&comment=235641

First rest at an inn with an injured party member and CTD with CGameeffect.ccp 1536 exactly like in the reference - just nobody in the party is bladesinger...maybe it is in one of the new spells/abilities again.

Reason why I think it may be related to the mod is that I installed it on top of a running installation that did not have the problem before. The only thing I changed was update to newest version of this mod.

Edit

Confirmed - I uninstalled your mod - rerun the scene (I have a save from right before I enter the inn to ask for rest) - no issue. Re-installed mod - tried again - CtD

Bad thing is now with uninstalling the mod is that PC Priest of Leira has lost all spells - the originals were removed by your mod and do not restore when uninstalled.

Good thing - I have alternate installs to explore other things meanwhile.

A level-up should restore spells to the cleric. I'll investigate the crash.

To clarify, since your cleric of Leira is still in your game after uninstalling, does that mean you only uninstalled the sphere system? I.e. it's that particular component that is causing the crash?

EDIT - I can't reproduce the crash. I installed the new beta onto a BGT/TobEx game and:

- rolled a cleric of Leira,

- immediately left Candlekeep,

- CLUA'd myself to level 3,

- memorized Cure Moderate Wounds,

- injured both Charname and Imoen,

- rested.

The healing spells cast on rest automatically, and we woke up healed, no crash. Here is my weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #123 // Enable Auto-Pause On All Screens: Beta 0025
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #115 // Paws from Shapeshifting Can Not Be Dispelled: v10
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Nature's Beauty Tweak.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Imprisonment Fix.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Flesh to Stone Fix.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Drop Weapons in Panic Effect Removal.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // More cheating Wishes: -> Convenient Wish.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Faster Romances: -> Light.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #8500 // Party Members can facestab too! -> Always: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #9070 // Mages drop spellbooks. -> 75% of mages drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 25% of memorized spells.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #101 // 1ppv4: Core paperdolls
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches
~BGT/SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.18 (28 Apr 13)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 10.1
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 10.1
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 10.1
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 10.1
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 10.1
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #30 // IWD Arcane Spell Pack: Beta 2
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #40 // IWD Divine Spell Pack: Beta 2
~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #600 // 600: Wizard Class Changes: v4
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #102 // Select an installation method below: -> optional installation of new kits and the sphere system: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #200 // new and revised cleric kits: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #212 // Add Cleric of Leira: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #219 // Add Cleric of Loviatar: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #234 // Add Acolyte of Ilmater: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #239 // Add Acolyte of Mask: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #244 // Add Acolyte of Shar: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #265 // Add Incarnate of Mystra: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #300 // new and revised druid kits: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #332 // Add Mountain Druid: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #283 // Add Jungle Druid: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #284 // Add Desert Druid: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #285 // Add Arctic Druid: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #302 // Add Beast Mystic: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #303 // Add Earth Mystic: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #304 // Add Water Mystic: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #305 // Add Air Mystic: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #306 // Add Fire Mystic: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #307 // Add Light Mystic: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #311 // Add Fate Mystic: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #363 // Add Elementalist: 0.8
~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #500 // Sphere System: 0.8

Roxanne, can you post your weidu.log, or otherwise give me steps to reproduce the bug? Maybe it's a conflict with some other mod.

I've updated the beta download again: this should fix the bug where various Cure Wounds spells were disappearing.

Now, all cleric kits get the following spells from the Divine Aid sphere:

Bless

Chant

Prayer

Recitation

Raise Dead

Bolt of Glory

Greater Restoration

Kits that actually have access to that sphere will get a few more spells, like Aerial Servant and Righteous Wrath of the Faithful.

All druid/mystic kits get the following spells from the sphere of Vigor:

Aid (to be renamed)

Slow Poison

Cure Disease

Free Action

Animal Rage

Tenser's Transformation

Regeneration

Kits that actually have access to that sphere will get a few more spells, like Unfailing Endurance and Draw Upon Holy Might.

I've updated the beta download again: this should fix the bug where various Cure Wounds spells were disappearing.

Bless

Chant

Prayer

Recitation

Raise Dead

Bolt of Glory

Greater Restoration

Kits that actually have access to that sphere will get a few more spells, like Aerial Servant and Righteous Wrath of the Faithful.

Aid (to be renamed)

Slow Poison

Cure Disease

Free Action

Animal Rage

Tenser's Transformation

Regeneration

Kits that actually have access to that sphere will get a few more spells, like Unfailing Endurance and Draw Upon Holy Might.

To clarify, since your cleric of Leira is still in your game after uninstalling, does that mean you only uninstalled the sphere system? I.e. it's that particular component that is causing the crash?

EDIT - I can't reproduce the crash. I installed the new beta onto a BGT/TobEx game and:

- rested.

The healing spells cast on rest automatically, and we woke up healed, no crash. Here is my weidu.log:

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v10

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #115 // Paws from Shapeshifting Can Not Be Dispelled: v10

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Drop Weapons in Panic Effect Removal.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // More cheating Wishes: -> Convenient Wish.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Faster Romances: -> Light.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #8500 // Party Members can facestab too! -> Always: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #9070 // Mages drop spellbooks. -> 75% of mages drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 25% of memorized spells.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 10.1

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 10.1

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 10.1

~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #600 // 600: Wizard Class Changes: v4

~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ #0 #102 // Select an installation method below: -> optional installation of new kits and the sphere system: 0.8

Roxanne, can you post your weidu.log, or otherwise give me steps to reproduce the bug? Maybe it's a conflict with some other mod.

I uninstalled the complete mod - so PC reverted to generic *cleric* and level up restores a cleric spellbook and everything (including allowed weapons/equipment etc - so this is fine (just forgot theat levelup to re-populate her spellbook).

Bless

Chant

Prayer

Recitation

Raise Dead

Bolt of Glory

Greater Restoration

Aid (to be renamed)

Slow Poison

Cure Disease

Free Action

Animal Rage

Tenser's Transformation

Regeneration

- rested.

I uninstalled the complete mod - so PC reverted to generic *cleric* and level up restores a cleric spellbook and everything (including allowed weapons/equipment etc - so this is fine (just forgot theat levelup to re-populate her spellbook).

I uninstalled yesterday's mod version - rerun the rest at inn scene, no CtD

I switched to the new one but it did not install the sphere system due to errors (rest of mod installed successfully). I restored my Priestess with level up (you also must remove invisible spells from the slots in this step). Rested injured party at Inn - no CtD.

Seems to narrow source of CtD to something that was added to this component in yesterday's version. (Older versions did not produce the issue - or maybe the situation was not there?)

Archived