Rounds

temnix

Kreso, have you tried it? No, you haven't. Or just read the guide. 189 and 190 are different.

The round begins normally, but in baldur.bcs there a ONE_ROUND counter and an applied spell, both after Wait(2).

Eh, nevermind then :)

And there is no mechanism for actually worsening weapon speed. Only for improving

Weird. When we've added speed factor penalty for heavy armors in IR, it was the other way around - penalties could stack together (e.g. shields and armor), but any bonus effect would be overwritten by a penalty.

How did you do it with armor?

I just tested 190 again to make sure. See for yourself, do what I did. Take Kagain. Give him a custom axe with -7 on 190, and see if he swings it any slower.

Ardanis, I don't really want to download the entire mod to see how that part works. Can you give me a gist of it? Which opcode did you use?

Well, we don't normally include components that fail to work as described. While I'm willing to assume that something about EE may have changed the behavior, if Subtledoctor says it works for him then I'm inclined to take his word for it :)

Maybe you've got some rogue values left in the effect structure, like iirc you had with casting speed?

I suspect he is failing due to some combination of 1) slow weapon; 2) large speed penalty; 3) high APR. Weapon speed penalty is very noticeable when applied to a thief swinging a dagger once per round. And weapon speed bonus is very noticeable to the cleric with a flail. But, for a 13th-level fighter, grandmaster in dual bastard swords? The effect disappears. Which is why it's not really worth messing with.

It would be cool if instead of rounds, attacks and spells just worked at a rate of "1 attack per x seconds." And experience or skill or magic could drop x from 6, to 5, to 4, etc. But, that isn't this game. We are stuck with rounds and their weird behavior.

(I actually decided a way to make spellcasting work the way I described... it would be super cool. But I don't think it could apply equally to the AI, and I have no interest in casting every 2 seconds when AI scripts for archwizards and liches only let them cast every 6 seconds.

I suspect he is failing due to some combination of 1) slow weapon; 2) large speed penalty; 3) high APR. Weapon speed penalty is very noticeable when applied to a thief swinging a dagger once per round. And weapon speed bonus is very noticeable to the cleric with a flail. But, for a 13th-level fighter, grandmaster in dual bastard swords? The effect disappears.

It's noticable if you don't use Haste opcode, even with 4 apr.

Subtledoctor was right. My apologies. 190 does take negative modifiers. I don't know why it didn't seem to work with Kagain and an axe. I didn't time it, but it seemed to make no difference.

Archived