A few minor bugs/issues (EET via BWS)

Ser Elryk

2. Traveling from Beregost to North Trade Way takes 4 hours. But traveling from North Trade Way to Beregost takes 0 hours.

there's definetly something fishy going on and it seems to be vanilla bug that don't really show up in vanilla game:

SRC_AREA     SRC_NWSE     TARGET_ARE   ENTRY_NAME   TRV_TIME     DEF_ENTRY    ENC1         ENC2         ENC3         ENC4         ENC5         ENC_PROB
BG3800       N            BG3300       Exit3800     1            4            N            N            N            N            N            0
BG3800       N            BG3300       Exit3800     0            4            N            N            N            N            N            10

BP-BGT Worldmap code that is used during installation for WMP building in this case uses second link where in vanilla WMP file the first one is taken into account and duplicated link is ignored. Will be fixed in the next version (by modifing code that exports links to ignore exporting duplicates if source, desination, entrance and exit are the same).

1. The words "Unreachable" and "Hours 4" overlap each other on Candlekeep.

fixed internally, thanks

One is there is a misplaced line of dialogue that occurs whenever an NPC joins my party:

can't reproduce. Is this a level up line? What is the string number - you can check it in near infinity by searching these words in Search -> strref

i don't know about that specific relation but asymmetric travel time is s feature that simulates going uphill and downhill (as far as i know)

can anyone show examples of this feature? I found 1 more instance of the problem but this time it doesn't show up in EET but it is there in vanilla BG:EE

SRC_AREA     SRC_NWSE     TARGET_ARE   ENTRY_NAME   TRV_TIME     DEF_ENTRY    ENC1         ENC2         ENC3         ENC4         ENC5         ENC_PROB
BG5200       S            BG5300       N            2            1            BG5701       N            N            N            N            20
BG5200       S            BG5300       N            4            8            BG5701       N            N            N            N            30
BG5300       W            BG5200       N            4            2            BG5701       N            N            N            N            20

in this case in vanilla game first link that the game uses has incorrect (?) time. If I implement above mentioned fix than this travel link will be broken in EET as well...

can't reproduce. Is this a level up line? What is the string number - you can check it in near infinity by searching these words in Search -> strref

As far as I can tell it is not a level up line (no strange dialogue appears when an NPC levels up). It happened when Imoen joined the party, then with Khalid and Jaheira (in the screenshot), and then again with Viconia, but not with Kivan for some reason.

The search in NI said the StringRef is 34000. Is that the number you mean?

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken, the line of dialogue seems to be associated with Keldorn. Perhaps related to the Keldorn Romance mod that was installed? (Sorry, not a modder.)

Probably not related to the Keldorn Romance.

There's a spell cast when an npc joins your party and that spell has a bad strref. This is either Sod stuff or a tweak mod. I think i've seen this happen with some of subtledoctor's mods for example. It could be the level up action from SoD but I don't remember seeing any problem with it on my installations.

As far as I can tell it is not a level up line (no strange dialogue appears when an NPC levels up). It happened when Imoen joined the party, then with Khalid and Jaheira (in the screenshot), and then again with Viconia, but not with Kivan for some reason.

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken, the line of dialogue seems to be associated with Keldorn. Perhaps related to the Keldorn Romance mod that was installed? (Sorry, not a modder.)

It's vanilla line from KELDOR.DLG. I have Keldorn Romance mod installed and don't have this problem so it's unrelated. Open up NI again -> Search -> strref -> go to 34000 line -> Find references (all file types selected) -> Search. Than please upload all files mentioned in the search result box other than KELDOR.DLG (or at least post file names if the file uses prefix).

edit: If the file that will show up won't be obvious from which mod it comes please run --change-log on it.

When characters join your party all of the spells in their clab table fire... if one of those spells has a string reference in its NAME1 field instead of being set at install-time, the text at that string reference will fire when the NPC joins. My mod(s) have the odd spell that was made a long time ago when I was young and bad at this, and the same may happen to some other mods down.

Please do a "Find References" check on string 34000, then this should be very easy to nail down.

EDIT: perhaps an easier way to find it is, just look up the clab table for the kit of the NPC getting the message (if it's both Jaheira and Khalid, might be the fighter clab, clabfi01.2da) and check out what AP_sbilities appear there. Then just look up the .spl files of those abilities. And if you want to fix it, just put "-1" as the strref in the name of those .spl files.

But also report them here so we can fix them!

EDIT: perhaps an easier way to find it is, just look up the clab table for the kit of the NPC getting the message (if it's both Jaheira and Khalid, might be the fighter clab, clabfi01.2da) and check out what AP_sbilities appear there. Then just look up the .spl files of those abilities. And if you want to fix it, just put "-1" as the strref in the name of those .spl files.

But also report them here so we can fix them!

Running errands at the moment, but I'll be sure to look it up in a while. Apologies for the delay.

It's vanilla line from KELDOR.DLG. I have Keldorn Romance mod installed and don't have this problem so it's unrelated. Open up NI again -> Search -> strref -> go to 34000 line -> Find references (all file types selected) -> Search. Than please upload all files mentioned in the search result box other than KELDOR.DLG (or at least post file names if the file uses prefix).

edit: If the file that will show up won't be obvious from which mod it comes please run --change-log on it.

The files that appeared other than KELDOR.DLG were:

D5_GCKT.SPL

D5_GFKT.SPL

D5_GTKT.SPL

3.zip

EDIT: Sorry if I misunderstood anything. I can get confused easily =/

Archived