Graphical glitches (very minor, but still)

@Imp I'm currently trying to do another install, as there were some updates to some mods that I really wanted to try out. I've hit a few snags but Roxanne is helping me. I have a feeling the culprit behind the repeat classes is the "NPCs Enhanced For Everyone" mod, which I'm sure subtledoctor can fix, but when my install is successful I'll run the changelog and post the results.

@Imp Sorry for the delay. Just ran change-log on the files you mentioned and there were no results under "Mods affecting, etc."

But to clarify, that screen with the repeat Fighter and Cleric class options is the one that comes up immediately after selecting your race. The "Class" menu. Not the "Class Kit" menu. Don't know if that makes a difference or not in trying to find the source of the problem.

Considering it's likely to be caused by GUI or tweaks mods that are late in install order, if you have some time, consider making a backup copy of your installation and uninstall those tweak mods one by one, starting from the end of weidu.log list, and check when the GUI will return to normal. Can't think about other way if changelog is empty.

Considering it's likely to be caused by GUI or tweaks mods that are late in install order, if you have some time, consider making a backup copy of your installation and uninstall those tweak mods one by one, starting from the end of weidu.log list, and check when the GUI will return to normal. Can't think about other way if changelog is empty.

Okay. Now working on it.

EDIT: UGH! Been uninstalling mod after mod for hours and it's still there. Leaving to go somewhere soon. Will have to resume when I get back. Hopefully I'll find it eventually.

Ahh, so it's in the GUI/Class level, not the kit level... then K4thos is indeed correct, the K_....2da's won't have anything to do with this, as they only feature the kit numbers... and I am not sure even what file those files are named. Could be a .chu ...

WHEW! Okay. I started from the last mod installed and uninstalled them one by one, launching the game after each one and rechecking the Class menu.

There were two classes that were duplicated at the bottom of the list: Fighter and Cleric.

The Cleric duplicate didn't disappear until after I uninstalled the Nephele NPC mod.

and the Fighter duplicate didn't disappear until after I uninstalled the Amber NPC mod.

ALSO: I noticed a bug a while back involving class descriptions on the Import Character Screen. If I have a Monk character, they actually have the Sorcerer description:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/bvft442ds7gn4vs/Monk_Description.jpg?dl=0

Even after all the mods I uninstalled it's still there (I made and exported a new Monk, with the same results). Could it be an EET issue perhaps?

ALSO: I noticed a bug a while back involving class descriptions on the Import Character Screen. If I have a Monk character, they actually have the Sorcerer description:

Even after all the mods I uninstalled it's still there (I made and exported a new Monk, with the same results). Could it be an EET issue perhaps?

Nope, it's mostlikely one of the mods that try to fix the kit.ids file, but end up breaking it.

Nope, it's mostlikely one of the mods that try to fix the kit.ids file, but end up breaking it.

Any suggestions on how to pinpoint it?

WHEW! Okay. I started from the last mod installed and uninstalled them one by one, launching the game after each one and rechecking the Class menu.

There were two classes that were duplicated at the bottom of the list: Fighter and Cleric.

The Cleric duplicate didn't disappear until after I uninstalled the Nephele NPC mod.

and the Fighter duplicate didn't disappear until after I uninstalled the Amber NPC mod.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/bvft442ds7gn4vs/Monk_Description.jpg?dl=0

I looked at EET version of Nephele and also at Amber.

Both still use cd_ee_kit_appends.tph. Maybe this is the issue here?

Anyway,I updated Nephele_EET to use latest version of fl#add_kit_ee.tpa now.

If that solves the problem, we should try to notify the maintainer of Amber about it (or BWFixpack it?).

@Roxanne Should I back up my current install and try a new one with the updated Nephele?

I think this is a bit too much effort. You visit that character creation screen like once in your game?

As I said earlier, it's definitely not a critical thing. But there's nothing wrong with a little polish =)

@Roxanne Should I back up my current install and try a new one with the updated Nephele?

I think this is a bit too much effort. You visit that character creation screen like once in your game?

As I said earlier, it's definitely not a critical thing. But there's nothing wrong with a little polish =)

Is that Polish like what they speak in Poland?

Archived