EETLauncher

I was playing around with some stuff, and came up with the following

A mock EET launcher and possible logo

Launcher (Smaller size):

EET-_Launcher-smaller.png

Little bit bigger mock launcher screenshot:

EET-_Launcher.png

Couple variations of possible logo (one without inner gold circle joining rest of inlay)

EET-_Gold_Circle-_Small.pngEET-_Small.png

EET-_Gold_Circle-_Large.png

EET-_Large.png

Anyhow not sure if they would be of use, I can always edit them for any changes if anyone wants them.

Well, it looks very nice :thumbsup: My only concerns is the future: adding Icewind Dale EE (IWD-in-EE) there is no place for the icon. Same for "theoretically possible IWD2-in-EE" and "PS:T". Do you have a concept where 2 additional icons are required?

Futher feedback:

- SoD icon is missing

- "EET" label is not needed

- "Enhanced Edition Trilogy" should be in one line

Edited by ALIENQuake

New version is up, no new features, rewrite using WPF. please test new version and report if it crashes/doesn't work.

So...I have rewrite this application to use Windows Forms in order to remove Powershell dependency. It was nothing more but event-based programming app. Then I decided to rewrite it to use WPF just to learn new things and for fun. I use Themes, Commands, Threads, XAML and the rest of the modern ways to write applications. And it was a real enjoyment for me to work with "Windows GUI Frameworks". For beginner developer, who just barley start, editors, libraries, tools and design patterns were really good pieces of ecosystem. When you learn and use nice things, you do not want to give up on them because somehow you work doesn't feel so "great" anymore. I hope that I could find a solution which also offers all those great things which I've used but for cross-platform. If I will find a solution, I could put my effort to make this app as cross-platform.

Edited by ALIENQuake

@JohnBobHey, nice idea, I haven't touch this app for a long time but I was able to do quick update so now if the EEEx is installed, EEEx.exe will be used to launch the game. You can redownload the app from the Download link in the first post but I have to warn you that you will face 'false positive' as this is just a new .exe.

Thank you @AL|EN!

But the new version doesn't work on my EET installation,
same error message as with baldur.exe...

Maybe my installation is the problem, I have done many installs / deinstallations for testing purpose.

I add the weidu.log just in case...

To support other languages, I guess it will be complicated because it is an executable?

Anyway, thanks for answering!

WeiDU.log

@JohnBob Hey, please redownload and try again. As for other languages, support for those may be added later. In the meantime, you could provide those:

<system:String x:Key="BG2EENotDetected">Please put EETLanucher.exe inside BG2EE directory</system:String>
    <system:String x:Key="EETGUIUnknown">Cannot evaluate aviable GUI list from:</system:String>
    <system:String x:Key="EETNotDetected">EET installation not detected</system:String>
    <system:String x:Key="EETRequireFirstRun">Please start EET once to create Baldur.lua</system:String>

along with translated button names.

Edited by AL|EN

It's all good! Thank you @AL|EN !

Here are the text lines in french for when the time comes :

<system:String x:Key="BG2EENotDetected">Veuillez placer EETLauncher.exe dans le répertoire BG2EE</system:String>
    <system:String x:Key="EETGUIUnknown">Impossible d'évaluer la liste des INTERFACES disponibles à partir de :</system:String>
    <system:String x:Key="EETNotDetected">L'installation EET n'est pas détectée</system:String>
    <system:String x:Key="EETRequireFirstRun">Veuillez lancer EET une fois afin de créer le fichier Baldur.lua</system:String>

PLAY...........EN AVANT !
	SETTINGS...........PARAMÈTRES 
		CURRENT EET GUI: BG2...........INTERFACE ACTUELLE : BG2
		CHANGE TO SoD...........UTILISER L'INTERFACE DE SoD
		OPEN EET Baldur.lua...........OUVRIR EET Baldur.lua 
		BACK...........RETOUR
	README...........LISEZ MOI
	HOMEPAGE...........FORUM
	MODS...........MODS
	EXIT...........QUITTER

Maybe two typos :

Please put EETLanucher.exe inside BG2EE directory