Polymorph Other to Squirrel

(Alteration)

Level:  5

Range:  Visual Sight of Caster

Duration:  Permanent

Casting Time:  1

Area of Effect:  1 Creature

Saving Throw:  Neg.

Polymorph Other to Squirrel is a refinement of the Polymorph Other spell, and the recipient of it is permanently changed to a squirrel unless a save versus petrification/polymorph is made successfully.  Mental attributes are not affected, but most physical attributes are changed to adhere to the new form.  The effects are continuous unless a successful dispel magic spell is cast upon the affected creature.  All clothing and equipment that the target was wearing will mold into the new form.

Delainy’s contributions include reducing the casting time, as well bringing greater magic to bear, enough so that the recipient makes their save at a -3 penalty.

Needless to say, the victims of this spell are frequently considered dinner when in the company of a werewolf.

Heh, well, the spell is mentioned somewhat in the game (look in BG1 items, for example, with crossbow bolts that will polymorph one into a squirrel).

The reason it is level 5, as opposed to level 4 (the regular Polymorph spell level), is that the casting time IS faster, and that it does reduce the recipient's chance of saving (not to drastically I think...but...oh well).

Heh, well, the spell is mentioned somewhat in the game (look in BG1 items, for example, with crossbow bolts that will polymorph one into a squirrel).

The reason it is level 5, as opposed to level 4 (the regular Polymorph spell level), is that the casting time IS faster, and that it does reduce the recipient's chance of saving (not to drastically I think...but...oh well).

Makes sense.

Btw, it looks much better.

I polymorphed Firkragg into a squirrel once, strangely enough he still had his deadly fiery breath... I wonder if this bug can be rectified? With his breath weapon still intact I'd hardly consider him a nice snack for a werewolf, heh.

Uriel

Heh...case of heartburn?

I know, I know...that pun is beneath me ;-)

But someone would say it.

lol, heh I didn't know that heartburn could incinerate most of my party. The only survivor of the blast was, of course, my hammerite berserker.

As for this bug, I wonder if a tad of scripting could fix it. If Firkragg is poly'ed into a squirrel, then he can't use his firebreath.

About your pun, it was only a matter of time that someone would say that, hehe.

Uriel

Well, this just popped into my head (amazing, since I'm a pinhead), how about when Del shapechanges into a werewolf a minor horrify spell is cast, centered on her? Like I stated elsewhere I don't know terribly much about lycanthropes in the Forgotten Realms, but I'd suspect that it be terrifying to the weak. Perhaps a horrify effect with a high saving throw modifier, like +8?

Also, perhaps when she's badly injured she might go berserk, similar to a vampire's frenzy in V:TM.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but according to the monster manual, all Lycanthropes can only be hit by magical or silver weapons.  My question is, will Delainy have the immunity to non-magical weapons in her werewolf form?

Actually, I got two supplements...Richtoffen's Guide to Lycanthropes (back when TSR owned Ravenloft...and before the D20 days) as well as the regular D&D Night Howlers Creature Feature...

Anyways, the idea is that they do become immune to normal weapons, but only gradually.  When starting out, they take regular damage, after they hit a certain level, they only take 3/4 damage, the next level would be 1/2 damage, and then 1/4 damage, finally with being immune to regular weapons.

So, I'm thinking of trying to emulate this at some point...if not, I will just have it at a specific level she becomes immune to regular weapons (she is already going to be useful in combat...but I don't want to make her too powerful...for example, I know my initial thought was to make it so she could go up to +5 with her claws...now I decided that +4 might be the limit for that...)

Well, based on what types of enemies you'll be fighting, +4 works just as well for pretty much all of them.

With regards to the immunity to physical weapons, I found it in the basic Monster Manual, several versions of it infact.  Here is the quote:

Combat: In human form, the lycanthrope uses weapons to attack. They tend to use natural attack

abilities in other forms.

In lycanthrope form, the monster can be struck only by silver or magical weapons. Wounds from any

other weapon heal too quickly to cause actual damage. Damage from spells, acid, fire, and other special

effects apply normally. Because of their vulnerability to silver, some lycanthropes have a psychological

aversion to the metal and refuse to handle it; in some cases, the psychosomatic effect is so great that

touching silver actually burns the lycanthrope.

Also, you may want to take a look at the enemy list and see which enemies don't use a minimum of +1 enchanted weapons.  All the powerful ones tend to use enchanted weapons, so immunity wouldn't be too great of a bonus.  Also, damage resistance is actually a better bonus than immunity to weapons because it is based on damage type, and I don't believe you can differentiate between non-enchanted weapons and enchanted weapons for partial damage from a weapon.  In such an instance, gaining immunity to normal weapons would actually be a downgrade from the general physical resistance.

Yeah, I have that in the Monster Manual, but I was also looking at a couple of other books as well...but in essence, from what I saw, one can't make her 1/2 resistant to normal damage since it also make her resistant for all damage (even if inflicted by +2 or greater).

So, most likely at some level, she will just become immune to +1 weapons (since the game differentiates with something being silver as I recall)...

My first post!!!

yay!!!

"I polymorphed Firkragg into a squirrel once, strangely enough he still had his deadly fiery breath... I wonder if this bug can be rectified? With his breath weapon still intact I'd hardly consider him a nice snack for a werewolf, heh.

Uriel"

this is a well known feature, not a bug...a polymorphed enemy can still cast spells, ala rocky the wondersquirrel, and use innates like dragon breath, and wing buffet...

so to really disable a dragon you must use feeblemind...then poly morph to squirrel, and have aerie chase it around with a warhammer...priceless screenshot...

actually, there is a bit of possible cheese with that i mean to test one day....the squirrel form uses a different cre file, so it should be vulnerable to a ranged weapon and greater deathblow... :D

poor del...she uses this wonderful and powerful polymorph other spell, and all she gets is a measley squirrel???  I mean how much of a meal is that???  I suggest polymorph to cow...much more substantial, and del is a growing girl... :D

Archived