"Zone of sweet air" with Weidu

Guest temnix

Guest temnix

Hi everyone. A question about using Weidu to add a projectile and then entering that projectile's number into a custom 2da. This is a Zone of sweet air effect for one of my spells, but I can't write directly in the 2da, because I don't know what projectile number Weidu is going to assign (minus one). Anybody want to help me out with the code? I'll give you credit in the module.

This is what WeiDU's ADD_PROJECTILE is for. From IWDification, for example:

ADD_PROJECTILE ~iwdification/pro/cdi255.pro~

This copies the projectile to the override folder, adds it to the first available slot in the projectile table, and then sets a variable (named after the file) for use in further patching. In this case, the variable "cdi255" is set to the value it received in the projectile table, to I can then use this in a patch:

COPY ~iwdification/spl/cdia411.spl~ ~override/spwi411.spl~ // hopelessness
  LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER INT_VAR projectile = cdi255 END

In your case since you're messing the ZoSA table, something like Suffocate might be a useful example.

ADD_PROJECTILE ~iwdification/pro/cdi317.pro~

ADD_SPELL ~iwdification/spl/cdia726.spl~ 2 7 WIZARD_SUFFOCATE
  LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER INT_VAR projectile = cdi317 END

// some other stuff

APPEND ~clearair.2da~ ~Suffocate %cdi317%~

I know about ADD_PROJECTILE, thanks. The last line is what I was looking for. Weidu inserts the number automatically, I see. But the numbers in those 2DAs need to be the assigned number minus one. What would be the syntax there? Also the projectiles aren't getting cleared for some reason... Even with the correct number. The name in front of the number is just for show, right? Hmm. My PRO is an Explosion projectile PRO in an Area of effect PRO, not something fired independently. I want those streaking projectiles to vanish when the clearing takes place. And they are set to "Draw as background." I wonder if that matters?

By the way, to anybody who is reading this. My newfangled version of Firefox doesn't want to show the body field on these forums at all. Just the header and tags. I'm having to use Internet Explorer to write. Didn't use to be a problem. Cleared cache and everything. Anybody familiar with this?

Edited by temnix
2 hours ago, temnix said:

My newfangled version of Firefox doesn't want to show the body field on these forums at all.

Well, I use Firefox and I don't understand what you are talking about, as "body field", but here's a visual what I saw, halfsized, with my Firefox, so I don't think it's just Ff, but it could be attachment/add on or the like that's corrupted at your end:

61800692cab960c4842cef4bfcb502ddf7a5c7e5

I mean that when I would like to reply or start a new topic, there is just no body field for me to type in on my Firefox. I'm again using IE to say this. I've tried clearing cookies and cache, doesn't make a difference. It's Firefox Developer Edition, but that one is not so different from the regular edition.

The problem with clearing projectiles turned out to be that only AOE-type PROs get cleared with Zone of sweet air, including their bolts. I still would like to know how to use APPEND to put in a projectile's number minus 1, though.