COPY_EXISTING ~SW1H01.itm~ ~override/iplot04h.itm~
   END
 ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/iplot04i.itm~
   THEN BEGIN
     COPY_EXISTING ~SW1H01.itm~ ~override/iplot04i.itm~
   END

These fix corrupt/missing item files.

/* Corrected Avatars */

COPY_EXISTING ~CLONE1.CRE~ ~override/CLONE1.CRE~     /* Ellesime clone in Chateau Irenicus */
WRITE_LONG    ~0x28~       ~0x7F31~

//COPY_EXISTING ~GORSTA06.CRE~ ~override\GORSTA06.CRE~  /* Fixes statue avatars in Watcher's Keep */
//WRITE_LONG ~0x28~ ~0x1000~

//COPY_EXISTING ~GORSTA10.CRE~ ~override\GORSTA10.CRE~  /* Fixes statue avatars in Watcher's Keep */
//WRITE_LONG ~0x28~ ~0x7F11~

//COPY_EXISTING ~GORSTA12.CRE~ ~override\GORSTA12.CRE~  /* Fixes statue avatars in Watcher's Keep */
//WRITE_LONG ~0x28~ ~0x7310~

/* Corrected Inventory BAMs */

COPY_EXISTING ~FAMFAIR.ITM~ ~override/FAMFAIR.ITM~   /* Fairy Dragon Familiar */
             ~FAMPSD.ITM~  ~override/FAMPSD.ITM~    /* Pseudodragon Familiar */
WRITE_ASCII   ~0x3a~        ~FAMPSD~

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/25GuiAni.bif~
THEN BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~FAMFAI25.ITM~ ~override/FAMFAI25.ITM~ /* Fairy Dragon Familiar (ToB) */
             ~FAMPSD25.ITM~ ~override/FAMPSD25.ITM~ /* Pseudodragon Familiar (ToB) */
WRITE_ASCII   ~0x3a~         ~FAMPSD~
END

COPY_EXISTING ~ruffian.cre~ ~override/ruffian.cre~   /* Assigns Amalas his correct script */
WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~AMALAS~                           /* Assigns amalas.bcs as his override script */

For the statue fixes, I'm not really sure what we should do. Best would be to magically figure out a way that the animations CAN have the stoneskin effect. Failing that, I think changing the creature types to reflect animation...

COPY_EXISTING ~sarevok.cre~ ~override~
 WRITE_LONG 0x260 0x00000000
 WRITE_LONG 0x264 0x00000000

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/sarev25.bcs~ THEN BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~sarevok.bcs~ ~override/sarev25.bcs~
END ELSE BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~inp1ivsg.bcs~ ~override~               
 EXTEND_TOP ~sarev25.bcs~ ~override/inp1ivsg.bcs~
END

Okay, so I don't actually know what this does. But.

In addition to those, the creature name restorations also need to go in. I suspect that the extended item descriptions also should, although I'm not certain exactly what's changed.

The Imoen biography updates shouldn't be included. I'll write a new biography for Imoen that we can use post-Spellhold.

In addition to this, there's also some stuff with some guy called Nilthiri, which I don't really understand.

Well, we have to do something given the fact that her current biography is clearly bugged post-Spellhold. But, having re-read the planned one, I think we can probably use that if we fix up the "despite the uncharacteristic that has now made its presence known within her" to make sense.

Unless we have evidence that Bioware not using that biography is a bug rather than a deliberate decision (it seems lousy enough that I'm inclined to think they chose to stick with the original), using it would seem no better than writing a completely new biography to me.

I've no objection to including anything from UB here in the fixpack. I'll leave the final decision for Andy.

To touch on a few things mentioned:

- The statues in WK I couldn't get to work properly. Well, I should say that I couldn't get them to look like actual statues (the existing ones are grey stone, whereas the ones I "corrected" just look like stationary monsters). Hence the commenting out of those lines

- The extended ToB item descriptions were submitted to me by NiGHTMARE. I'm not exactly sure where he got them (I'm guessing an archived post by some Bioware dev), but they fit in legitimately with the game, IMO. The current ToB item descriptions are atrociously short.

- Nilthiri is a troll in the Druid Grove. There was an unassigned script that caused the troll to explode into diseased rats (the troll was diseased or something. I forget the details, sorry). Someone may want to double-check my work, though.

- Minor dialog restorations are up to you guys. Some of them need fixing, like the Planar Sphere halflings. I think I overlooked something somewhere (shock!). Restoring false() state dialogs is another judgement call. Not many are restored, though I guess one day I'll get motivated enough to work on them again. I can supply my current files of the ones that are fixed if they are needed (some of them are not included in v13).

False()'d dialogues should not be included, as it's pretty clear they're not included by choice. However if a dialogue/script/reply is lost or unassigned due to a typo or some other bug (DOGHMA for example) I think it's something we should include.

False()'d dialogues should not be included, as it's pretty clear they're not included by choice. However if a dialogue/script/reply is lost or unassigned due to a typo or some other bug (DOGHMA for example) I think it's something we should include.

And...ah...what happens to Imoen's biography? Since it doesn't seem SimDing0 and I are going to agree. :)

Fix for "Imoen's epilogue still refers to Irenicus' dungeon post-Spellhold":

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^imoen[0-9]*\.cre~ ~override~
READ_ASCII 0x280 "DV"
PATCH_IF ("%DV%" STR_CMP "Imoen2" = 0) BEGIN
SAY 0x1cc ~IMOEN chuckles when you ask her about her past, assuming you are just trying to keep her mind on happier times and places.  She indulges you, and certainly does cheer up when speaking of how you spent your youths together in Candlekeep.  She arrived there the same as you, in the company of your foster father Gorion, but despite this similarity she grew up much more carefree than you did.  Indeed, her lighthearted outlook has long kept her immune to the hardships of the world, though the horrors she has endured have definitely taken their toll.~
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

This was my attempt at coding something entirely on-the-fly without testing it for syntax errors. I wonder if it works.

I also suggest UB fixes the grammatical mangling in the unused biography TLK string. (And possibly makes it appropriate for the rest of the game, rather than just the time you spend in Spellhold.)

Archived