Oghma Save Us!

Linguist in Training

Eager to try out this ambitious mod, I just downloaded CR and began a game of SoA with a Lorekeeper of Oghma. Since he was a level 7 Lorekeeper with intelligence and wisdom of 18, I expected his lore to be 90. To my surprise, however, his lore was a meager 27 like any other cleric’s. I might be missing something, but I am pretty sure this is not functioning as designed.

But I chose to continue the game anyway, adjusting the lore with SK when I needed to. I decided to test out the new spiritual weapon feature, so I had my Lorekeeper summon the spiritual longsword of Oghma and head off to the next room to kill some mephits. I then discovered that his THAC0 actually INCREASED from 16 to 17 while wielding it. Since he is supposed to have grand mastery with the spiritual weapon I assume that his THAC0 would decrease while wielding it. The same problem didn't occur with other kits.

I’m curious if these are more problems with the Lorekeeper kit or if it is just me (it wouldn’t be the first time) :D .

Thanks everybody, you're great :bday: !

Anything?

Certainly, the “Long Sword – Mortal Strike†doesn’t grant grandmastery like it is supposed to. Not sure about the lore, though.

Upon further testing I also discovered a few more possible bugs:

1)Lorekeepers don’t seem to get holy symbols – The standard “You have reached a new level of experience and your deity has given you his holy symbol for your loyal service†message pops but no symbol appears in the backpack.

2)At level 32, Clerics max out their proficiency slots, but the Lorekeeper still gains proficiencies at 36 and after. (Note: this makes it impossible to play the game beyond level 36).

3)For Lorekeepers, the Aura of Flaming Death and Globe of Blades HLAs seem to be selectable multiple times.

These all seem to apply only to Lorekeepers.

Much obliged,

I've not looked into it yet, have been busy/away. :bday:

Most of them seem like small typos somewhere.

I am not sure what's up with the proficiency thing, since it is not set by the individual kit - can you even get to level 36 without cheating?

What?! You have other stuff in your life? I had thought that you were a godlike force whose sole purpose was to create IE mods. :bday: Ah, well…

The proficiency thing is strange, I agree. Actually now that I look deeper into it, the problem also affects kitless clerics, which makes sense given the little I have gleaned about the Infinity Engine while reading these forums.

I also agree that it is difficult to get up to level 36 w/o cheating, but I imagine its possible for a small party going after every experience point possible (certainly with plot-adding mods).

Note: I will not attempt this myself as I am lazy :D

2)At level 32, Clerics max out their proficiency slots, but the Lorekeeper still gains proficiencies at 36 and after.  (Note: this makes it impossible to play the game beyond level 36).

I have a pretty good idea what's causing this--I'm going to test and confirm this evening.

Kish: I know, but can Clerics?

Cam: Cool. :bday:

In case anyone was wondering, Cam's idea was this. Having 5's in the rows of extra unused proficiencies (WEAPPROF.2DA) makes the game think there are still more to be assigned, even though these ones aren't pickable. So we'll change them to 0 for the next version.

In case anyone was wondering, Cam's idea was this. Having 5's in the rows of extra unused proficiencies (WEAPPROF.2DA) makes the game think there are still more to be assigned, even though these ones aren't pickable. So we'll change them to 0 for the next version.

Since I am not knowledgeable in this field, please pardon a couple of questions:

Will this affect just the Lorekeeper, or unkitted clerics as well?

Will Priests of Tempus still get proficiencies at levels 36 and 40, since they do have empty slots?

Thanks

Archived