Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

1 hour ago, Guest Carmosa said:

Most ridiculous one was Tanova

If you have/can install Near Infinity, open it and search for Tanova, then look for her script names about 2/3 of the way down her .CRE file, then look at those scripts. Especially any that begin with "DW#." Look around halfway down, see if they use ForceSpell or ReallyForceSpell for normal spells. FWIW in my install with SCS v33.4, Tanova's SCS script uses the 'Spell' action, i.e. her casting is interruptible.

Also, if you have turned on concentration checks in your game, note that they are bugged in 2.5/2.6. IIRC attacks are more likely to interrupt casting if you do less damage, and less likely to interrupt if you do more damage. If this is the case, break out the darts!

59 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Also, if you have turned on concentration checks in your game, note that they are bugged in 2.5/2.6. IIRC attacks are more likely to interrupt casting if you do less damage, and less likely to interrupt if you do more damage. If this is the case, break out the darts!

I checked the script, anything forced seems to purely be the pre-buffs (as intended) not stuff cast during the fight - the ADHWs for example do not have force in their script yet I clobbered her for ~150 damage from 5 people and she got off both of them - about twelve or so times without fail, thanks to reloads.

I'm not sure how I would even see if concentration checks are on? I don't see an in-game option and I don't see anything in the .lua file either. This is a fresh install from four days ago, I never modified anything beyond mods.

It would not entirely surprise me if LoB gives creatures undocumented resilience against interruption. But that's just a guess; otherwise, I've no idea why this is happening on your install. There is nothing I can think of in SCS that can plausibly do it, and this is not a report I've seen before.

I’ve heard recently that somehow the direction the sprite is facing can affect it? Like, the sprite can face 16 directions but the damage animation only exists for 8, and it’s the damage animation that interrupts spells. 

This is partly why I’m contemplating a mod to set every spell’s casting time to 1. Just make spell interruption less critical (i.e. less of a crutch) and generally allow casters to cast whatever they want to cast, more like later editions of D&D. I mean, if a feature is this bugged - and hasn’t been fixed in 3 patches of the original game and 6 patches of the remastered version... maybe best to just eliminate that feature. 

32 minutes ago, DavidW said:

It would not entirely surprise me if LoB gives creatures undocumented resilience against interruption. But that's just a guess; otherwise, I've no idea why this is happening on your install. There is nothing I can think of in SCS that can plausibly do it, and this is not a report I've seen before.

I decided to test it out with the Spellhold lich on LoB on a 2.6 game, and had a Mordenkainen's Sword keep attacking it every time it tried to cast, and it was interrupted literally every time...so it doesn't seem to be the case.