Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

On 4/5/2021 at 7:27 AM, GrimJim said:

I think I figured out the issue with mage AI in 33.5 and up. It looks like it has to do with the file stratagems/mage/ssl/meleeblocks/standard_mage.ssl. For whatever reason, 33.5 completely deleted the contents of this file which seems to handle the usage of Melf's Meteors and other attacks. I think it can be fixed by replacing the contents of this file with the last good version. You then just need to change line 250 from

INCLUDE FILE(%scsroot%/genai/ssl/shoot.ssl)

to

INCLUDE FILE(%MOD_FOLDER%/genai/ssl/shoot.ssl)

and then reinstall the Smarter Mages component. 

Hi GrimJim, nice work!

Am I right in changing the line to  INCLUDE FILE(%MOD_FOLDER%/genai/ssl/shoot.ssl) or does the (%MOD_FOLDER%) part need to be changed to the name of the folder that the SCS folder is in? Say (%BGEEDOWNLOADS%)?

I will think about it more!

Thank you!

Hello!

Quick question: I assume the component Recover lost items from Hell has been removed?

It doesn't seem to be available with version 33.7.

I also noticed some settings.ini entries also gone, namely:

fiends_cast_slowly
  dragons_cast_slowly
  celestials_cast_slowly
  genies_cast_slowly

Does anyone know why?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Salk said:

I also noticed some settings.ini entries also gone, namely:

fiends_cast_slowly
  dragons_cast_slowly
  celestials_cast_slowly
  genies_cast_slowly

Does anyone know why?

I think I recall seeing in-game options to toggle this stuff in the "fine-tune difficulty" part of the new difficulty system. I'm playing on EE though, where that stuff is done through UI tweaks. I don't know what it looks like for the old engine.

EDIT - ah right, I think it's controlled by dialogue triggered from an innate ability, or something like that.

Looks like Beamdog patch v2.6 caused issues with Polymorph SPWI489.SPL. I am guessing it is causing a mismatch issue with this piece of code here, but not really sure where to look to really see what is throwing the issue:

//////////////////////
   //  dragon shapeshift (to revert Polymorph Other)
   //////////////////////

COPY_EXISTING spwi489.spl "override/dwplydr.spl"
      LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=172 END
      LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=135 END
      LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=112 STR_VAR resource=squirp END

// add missing innates on IWD
       ACTION_IF is_iwd BEGIN
          LAF add_spell_to_ids STR_VAR typename=innate idsname=DRAGON_FEAR RET newname END
          COPY "%MOD_FOLDER%/%component_loc%/resource/spin895.spl" "override/%newname%.spl"
          LAF add_spell_to_ids STR_VAR typename=innate idsname=DRAGON_STONE_SKIN RET newname END
          COPY "%MOD_FOLDER%/%component_loc%/resource/spin694.spl" "override/%newname%.spl"
          LAF add_spell_to_ids STR_VAR typename=innate idsname=SPELL_DEFLECTION_NO_VISUAL RET newname END
          COPY
             "%MOD_FOLDER%/%component_loc%/resource/spin710.spl" "override/%newname%.spl"
             "%MOD_FOLDER%/%component_loc%/resource/spin710b.spl" "override/%newname%b.spl"
              REPLACE_TEXTUALLY spin710 "%newname%"
          LAF add_spell_to_ids STR_VAR typename=innate idsname=DRAGON_LOWER_COLD RET newname END
          COPY "%MOD_FOLDER%/%component_loc%/resource/spin682.spl" "override/%newname%.spl"
          OUTER_SPRINT DRAGON_LOWER_COLD "%newname%"
          MAKE_PATCH
             match=>"opcode=30"
             opcode=>28
          END
          LAF edit_spell STR_VAR spell=DRAGON_LOWER_COLD editstring="patch_effect=>patch_data" END
       END

// innate spells need to properly be innate
       MAKE_PATCH
            level=>1
            spell_type=>innate
            patch_ability_inline=>"ability_icon_loc=>4"
       END
       ACTION_IF is_iwd BEGIN
          OUTER_SPRINT spell "DRAGON_FEAR DRAGON_STONE_SKIN DRAGON_LOWER_COLD"
       END ELSE BEGIN
          OUTER_SPRINT spell "PROTECTION_MAGIC_WEAPON_NOEFF DRAGON_LOWER_ELECTRICAL DRAGON_LOWER_FIRE BLACK_DRAGON_PLANT BLACK_DRAGON_INSECT DRAGON_SILENCE DRAGON_STONE_SKIN"
       END
       LAF edit_spell STR_VAR spell edits=patch_data END

ACTION_IF is_iwd BEGIN
          OUTER_SPRINT table dragon_triggers_iwd.2da
       END ELSE BEGIN
          OUTER_SPRINT table dragon_triggers.2da
       END
       LAF process_table STR_VAR table locbase=dragon function=build_dragon_trigger END

END
END

The above code is in the polymorph_tweak.tpa file.

Edited by morpheus562

So, this allows it to install without any errors being thrown. I simply replaced the following line:

LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=112 STR_VAR resource=squirp END

with this:

LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode=112 STR_VAR resource=squirp END

since spwi489.spl did not have opcode 112 associated with it. I'm guessing it was removed as part of v2.6, so the code was attempting to alter it when it was no longer there. To install the hotfix, place the file in the stratagems\dragon folder before running setup-stratagems.

SwordCoastStratagems.rar

I'm getting lots and lots of parsing error messages (over 13000 282600!) when installing "Smarter General AI", "Smarter Mages" and "Smarter Priests".

They all sound like this one:

"[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#hlpit.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1325 column 1-50
Near Text: )
    [CheckStatGT] argument [ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY] not found in [Stats.IDS]"

Is it something anyone else is experiencing? 

I am using version 33.7 with the couple of fixes suggested by @Bartimaeusand @GrimJim.

EDIT: Apparently is not something new. Others have reported it here but there was no solution. DavidW asked if there was any custom changes made to stratagems.ini. Nobody replied there but in my case there are. The Version 24 change log mentions the suppression of warning messages about ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY if the does_not_detect_items ini flag is checked (which is my case). I get no warnings but the ERROR messages are still produced.

Edited by Salk

In my current playthrough, Firkaag and Thaxll both had their normal HP when I fought them in chapter 6, despite playing the entire game on Hardcore difficulty and not doing any fine-tuning. I think this is because the spell that gives them an HP boost has a very long but still finite duration, so if you enter their area but don't actually fight them for a long time (as I did in my playthrough) then the HP bonus will wear off and not get reapplied. Temporarily lowering the difficulty in their sight and then turning it back up before attacking them seemed to fix it.

@Endarire,

I'm playing BGT but apparently what I reported is not really new or a mystery. I guess the scripts could have been altered to account for the does_not_detect_items flag in the .ini but probably DavidW thought it was not worth the effort since the warnings are harmless (or at least I think they are) and probably very few users play with that flag on.

Edited by Salk

I seem to have found an incompatibility between "Improved NPC customisation and management" and a couple of components of Tweaks Anthology: the XP cap remover and "APR on spec". When installing these three together, warriors don't get their bonus APR at levels 7 and 13. This is on BG2EE 2.5, using the newest SCS and Tweaks from github. I'm running linux with BG on a case-folded partition, however everything else works fine in a big modded install. I can reproduce the problem with the following minimal install:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization: v9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: 33.7

I test it by loading in Abdel to the start of ToB - with these components installed he has only 1 base APR, but if I remove any of the three it's the correct 2 APR. I also tested with a ranger, and leveling a character "naturally" from level 1 by granting XP. They also didn't receive the APR. I have also applied (and un-applied) the fix to standard_mage.ssl described earlier in the thread, and it doesn't have any effect on the issue.

Edited by yakattack

One more thing: Does SCS recolor fiend sprites, by any chance?

In my game Aec'Letec has an unsightly greenish tint and, while this would normally be the purview of IA, that doesn't seem to be the case.

If yes, what is the component that does it? I'd like to code a dependency on a mod component that undoes the change. Also, would it be possible to make these recoloring optional?

26 minutes ago, Andrea C. said:

One more thing: Does SCS recolor fiend sprites, by any chance?

In my game Aec'Letec has an unsightly greenish tint and, while this would normally be the purview of IA, that doesn't seem to be the case.

If yes, what is the component that does it? I'd like to code a dependency on a mod component that undoes the change. Also, would it be possible to make these recoloring optional?

If you have atweaks' distinctive creature colors installed, it's probably that. If not, I don't know.