Donating at temples

temnix

If you donate the amount equal or greater than value corresponding to the current reputation (specified in reputati.2da), then it will increase by 1 point.

No means of detection that I know of. You could try appending StartStore() actions with SetGlobal() to run a check afterwards if reputation is now greater than it used to be before starting dialog.

2 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

The reputati.2da lacks the 18->19 and 19->20 cost for some reason, but they are there... if memory serves, they are 10000 and 20000 gold. So the values don't actually come from the table.

I donated one million gold at reputation 18, and it did not increment my reputation. I changed the value in the table to 5000, donated 5000, and it incremented my reputation.

4 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Which game was this in... I was talking about the BG2:ToB. Heh.

I tested in both ToB and BG2:EE games. (e): I didn't look closely enough to see the first time, but went back in to make sure: if you're at reputation and donate a million gold, it won't go up without it set. In either BG2 or BG2:EE, setting the value in the 2da file does make it appear to work...you get the message that says it went up on the donation window, but it actually doesn't - there's no reputation increase in the chat log, and you're still at 18 if you check your character sheet. So yeah, there is something missing there to make it actually work.

Edited by Bartimaeus