(EE) Script trigger 0x26 TargetUnreachable(O:Object*)

Does someone know when this trigger is supposed to return true? I wanted to use it to make sure a certain creature doesn't attempt to move towards another creature if it's completely surrounded by other creatures, but it doesn't seem to work...

57 minutes ago, Ardanis said:

but it remained just a talk.

What a pity!

It'd be really handy for the aforementioned situation – I mean, it's of limited use as of now (true when path is blocked by searchmap/doors)... the 2.6 update will hopefully take that into account and improve it...

In the meantime, I'm wondering if 0x4063 InWeaponRange(O:Object*) can be of any help...

Edited by Luke

TargetUnreachable() only returns true if an attacker, (either using weapons or spells), suddenly loses the ability to target what it is attacking - given some specific circumstances:

Attack() - Attacker can't see invisible creatures, and target either went STATE_INVISIBLE or went under sanctuary.

Spell() - Target is a sprite (creature), the caster isn't the target, caster can't see invisible creatures, spellFlags & 0x1000000 == 0, and target either went STATE_INVISIBLE, STATE_IMPROVEDINVISIBILITY, or went under sanctuary.

UseItem() - Target is a sprite (creature), the caster isn't the target, caster can't see invisible creatures, abilityFlags & 0x4000000 != 0, and target either went STATE_INVISIBLE, STATE_IMPROVEDINVISIBILITY, or went under sanctuary.

This basically mirrors Auto-Pause: Target Gone, (listed as "Character's Target Destroyed" in the Auto-Pause menu), except it doesn't trigger on target death.

Edited by Bubb

@Bubb

Thanks for the extra details (it confirms I cannot achieve what I wanted to achieve...)

Just to clarify: what about opcode #211 (Imprisonment) and #213 (Maze)? Do they count as "Target Gone" along with STATE_INVISIBLE, STATE_IMPROVEDINVISIBILITY, and Sanctuary?

Edited by Luke

Interesting, so it doesn't trigger on inaccessibility (eg. a door being shut or other actors getting in the way) in bg2? Most uses are in the iwds, but I didn't expect this.

Come to think of it, I've seen the uses before and thought it was just bad coding:

IF
  Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
  ActionListEmpty()
  !TargetUnreachable([PC])
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject([PC])
END

... since it currently causes them to move to pcs hiding in shadows etc. I should test the original more before dismissing it, heh.