How are NPC Stat Increases Handled?

In the unmodded game, some of the NPCs receive stat increases when transitioning from BG1 to BG2. How does EET handle this? For example, if I use Viconia in BG1, when I transition to BG2 will she have 15 or 18 wisdom? If I give her one tome of wisdom during BG1, would that tome be wasted?

I own BGEE and BG2EE but not Dragonspear.

58 minutes ago, tropi said:

In the unmodded game, some of the NPCs receive stat increases when transitioning from BG1 to BG2. How does EET handle this? For example, if I use Viconia in BG1, when I transition to BG2 will she have 15 or 18 wisdom? If I give her one tome of wisdom during BG1, would that tome be wasted?

I own BGEE and BG2EE but not Dragonspear.

I believe EET requires SoD.

EET makes the stats consistent across both games favoring the stats of BG2. There are mods that allow you to customize this however so at the end it's up to you. Stat increases and class changes will carry over to the next game. For example in my current playthough I dualed Imoen to mage at level 4 thief and gave her the tome of intelligence and both of those changes carried over to the next game.

Can BG1 NPCs who are not normally in BG2 follow you into BG2? For example, if I keep Coran in my party can I keep using him all the way through TOB?

Nevermind I know the answer to this now. No the BG1 NPCs who are not normally in BG2 will not follow you into BG2

Edited by tropi

I recently began my first run of EET and recruited Viconia during BG1 content. She did not have her updated stats. I've now just begun SoD content and she still did not have her updated stats. Having just realized this, I've changed them with EE Keeper to what they should be. She should have 18 Wisdom and 65% Magic Resist, but only had 15 Wisdom and 50% Magic Resist.

2 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovitch Ivanovsky said:

and 65% Magic Resist, but only had ... and 50% Magic Resist.

She would get that increase from what exactly ? She is a drow, so she get's the native 50% magic resistance, but no where does it say that that increases from something. She could get bonuses from items, but that's it's own thing, not a linked thing.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

She would get that increase from what exactly ? She is a drow, so she get's the native 50% magic resistance, but no where does it say that that increases from something. She could get bonuses from items, but that's it's own thing, not a linked thing.

There is no explanation for it that I know of. That's just what the devs decided in BG2.