TB#Tweaks "mages drop spellbooks"

Anyone know why this requires ToBEx?  I can't spot anything particular in the code.  Though, to be fair, the code is pretty opaque to me.

Anyone recall The Bigg ever talking about what it needs from ToBEx?  I'd like to get it working for the EEs if possible.

EDIT - just did a quick test, commenting out any dependencies on BGMAIN.exe and ToBEx.  Seems to work fine on BG2EE v2.5.16...

Edited by subtledoctor
8 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Anyone know why this requires ToBEx?  I can't spot anything particular in the code.  Though, to be fair, the code is pretty opaque to me.

Anyone recall The Bigg ever talking about what it needs from ToBEx?  I'd like to get it working for the EEs if possible.

EDIT - just did a quick test, commenting out any dependencies on BGMAIN.exe and ToBEx.  Seems to work fine on BG2EE v2.5.16...

It most likely relies on something that both ToBEx and the EEs have, but it's just that the mod is old enough to pre-date the EEs existing.

13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

It most likely relies on something that both ToBEx and the EEs have, but it's just that the mod is old enough to pre-date the EEs existing.

I guess that’s what it must be. I just couldn’t see what that is. It creates a bunch of quickslot items with a bunch of opcode 147 effects, drawn from the known spells of each non-joinable mage. I feel like I could code that without needing ToBEx... but that feeling us presumably wrong, which means I’m missing something. 

In any event, as you say, whatever secret ToBEx sauce it uses seems to have made it into the EE engine, and the mod installs with no complaints (once edited). So I’m a happy camper.