Problem between unfinished business 2 and ascension 2.0 (gibberlings 3) .

Hello i am trying to create a new playthrough for baldur gate 2 ehanced edition with mod and i dowload a list of mod for this game .

but it seems there is a problem between unfinished business v.27 and ascension 2.0.14 from the gibberings 3 version  and i don't know how to resolve it .

I think i will removed one of this mod but if someone has a way to resolve it or know what is the problem answer me please .

thank you.

ps: i also add bg2:fixpack before instaling these 2 mod.

I've tried to recreate this on a fresh BG2EE install.  Didn't find any issues.  Fresh game starts normally.  Fresh game + Ascension (all components) starts normally.  Fresh game + Ascension + UB (all components) starts normally.  This is with the English translation on Linux, I don't have access to any other platform.

I have had one more report of UB causing an issue with starting the game, this was supposedly specific to the French translation.  I was equally unable to recreate it, nor did the person who actually made the French translation report any such issue.  The reporter never got back to me when I asked for more specifics.

And by the way, UB doesn't even modify the SoA starting area (AR0602) at all on EE games (and makes only a very minor script modification on old BG2 if you install Restored Items).

Thank you for the reply it's seems that i forgot to tell you some details.

first im french and liked you have said i played with the french translation and if the games bugs because of the french mod i think im going to played it without the french translation.

seconly im playing with more mods than just ascension and ub2 here's a list of this mods:

idwification (with the last update),reunion mod,unnoficial item packs,npc flirts,banter packs,more style for mages,portraits portrais everywhere.

and just one last thing it's seems that my quicksave doesn't work and when i tried to find where problem came from the only thing i find about was from the linux version but i have the window 10 version.

thanks for your help and good days.

ps: when i try to quick save it say ''no more disc place would you like to quit ?'' or something like that and my game version is 2.5 and i have the retail games (and the original disc one too in one of my document) where my save are. by

2 hours ago, pierpoljack said:

ps: when i try to quick save it say ''no more disc place would you like to quit ?'' or something like that and my game version is 2.5 and i have the retail games (and the original disc one too in one of my document) where my save are. by

That error message probably means that your hard disk is full or almost full.  That could cause all sorts of issues, including mods not installing properly and software including games not working like they should.  You might want to let someone who knows how to administrate Windows take a look at that.

If there really is a bug in UB (or just the French translation) I would love to solve it, but if I cannot reproduce it locally that is nearly impossible for me to do.  Also, if nobody else can reproduce the issue, it might very well be local to your setup.  I will attempt to get hold of the person who made the French translation, but they are over on PPG which is nearly unusable at the moment.

Could you perhaps try the v28 beta release of UB?  Among other things it does change how character sets are handled, so perhaps that might solve the issue.  Other than that I really have no clue, sorry.  v28beta can be downloaded from the PPG github, here: https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/UnfinishedBusiness/releases

actually i'm playing the game in full english translation and it's works ! (for now) i am in the dungeon of irenicus in the early chapter 1 and everything seems to works.

except not really i have seen some problem with two mods for now unnoficial item packs and idwification ,for unnoficial item there's two item (sword of berserk and a set of keys wich comes from the mod) who have two distinct problem, one the sword of berserk i can read it but when it was in the inventory of my character i cannot take it back im going to sold it  but i don't know and for the set of keys i can take and use it but it's marked invalid (whatever number you want) in it. for the idwification mod everything in the mod (spell,items the axe for exemple) all of them has invalid something something marked in it but they all works and it's seems to be okay.

As for Unfinished bussiness v28 i already installed it and it's work with ascension (in english) so no problem as for the quest and thing from this mod this early i did'nt experience it for now so when a quest trigger from this mod i'll let you know if it work or not. 

Thank you for your help really ,i'll write again if something doesn't seems normal.