Question regarding mod install order

@Graion Dilach I totally agree that scattered bits and pieces is a bad situation. But the conclusion when talking about a centralized list is always: someone has to maintain such list 24/7, or it will be outdated the moment it's no longer updated. I burnt out over the BWS link list, so I won't touch any such thing ever again, occational edits to the EET linklist being the only exception.

I see, thank you for the advice, I would like to ask though, the mod Stone of Askavar which is supposed to be installed in the BGEE SoD folder before an EET installation is initiated in the BG2 Folder has a note saying that they recommend i install DotSC before i install SoA. but DotSC is supposed to be installed after i start the EET installation so it can't be installed before i install SoA.  Does anyone know if this would cause any issues with my EET installation?

A full installation of EET with all the mods i want to put into it would take me a few hours and i would really like to get it right from the start so i don't have to do it all over again.

Regards

3 hours ago, jastey said:

@Ryofu order between mods of the same "type" matters, too. Please have a look into the mods' readmes, most of them have compatibility sections. NTotSC for example should be installed after DSotSC if both are supposed to go together.

I went through SoA 2.2 and I couldn't figure out the cause of concern between it and DSotSC. It's probably fine (I'm planning to start my next run with SoA and DSotSC installed as well, I just haven't set it up yet).

Mind you that DSotSC has two versions, one for BG(EE) and one for the Trilogies (BGT/EET). It could also be that the issue only applies to the regular versions.

Yes, it's well possible the install order referred to the BG:EE version of DSotSC. The EET/BGT version hosted at SHS went through a revamp that also changed most files to using a custom prefix etc.

I don't know what the install order refers to between Stone oA and DSotSC so I'm no real help here.

4 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Oh, definitely. Mind if I'll start filings PRs to add  some more mods there?

By all means.

4 hours ago, jastey said:

Is this supposed to be an install order list? I spot a few things in there.

Yes. Mind, it is not designed for a PI or BWS full-auto install. It was designed to be used with my MacOS mod installer, which scans your game folder for any mods you have put there manually, and then presents them in an ordered list. So while the list is a big mix of mods, when it displays the relatively few in your BGEE folder it should have them sorted well (roughly). And then ditto in the BG2 folder.

Of course there is doubtless some room for improvement... if you have any suggestions, I am happy to listen.

Most of this can be find in the mods' readmes.

Imoen4Ever needs to be installed before any mods that add interjectons, i.e. NPC mods (or all mod NPC interjections will have unpatched reply options about Imoen being kidnapped).

The crossmod component of Ascalon's Breagar (acbre) needs to be installed after Imoen4Ever for the crossmod.

EndlessBG1 should go earlier, at least before bg1re as the latter detects dependencies.

Grey the dog (c#grey) is supposed to go after any other NPC mod so his interjections happen first (he sniffs people out - which would happen as the first thing if you meet someone). Also for crossmod: crossmod with c#brage is inside c#greythedog so install order needs to be c#brage before c#greythedog.

Order bgqe -bg1npc-c#brage works, but only if the quest Brage's Sword is installed via bgqe. If someone skips bgqe's "Brage's Sword" quest then c#brage has to come before bg1npc or some reply options will be missing (and for PI, c#brage requests to be installed before bg1npc).

My Solaufein Rescue mod (c#solaufein) has a crossmod component that needs to be installed after any subrace mods (e.g. subrace) or the detection of "PC is drow / half-drow" will not beincluded.

I'd recommend installing the NPC Flirtpack (npcflirt) after any mods that could add dialogues to the original romance crew - otherwise, the added PID (player initiated dialogue) of the flirt pack might lead to a stutter bug (in case other mods didn't WEIGHT# their mod dialogues right).

There is several mods listed after EET_End that need the dialogue transformation, or at least I thought so. Did you test having them after EET_End? I'd thought that e.g. npc_strongholds would need to be installed before EET_End since it adds dialogue lines.

Thanks, good stuff (EDIT - I’ve revised the list to incorporate those recommendations). I don't have a bunch of those mods, and I don't have an EET install, so readmes/testing is on the light side. This (as stated, inevitably) requires input from others. The good thing is, having it on Github means I or anyone else can easily suggest changes. (And, on the MacOS side, any changes accepted in Github on the web will automatically be recognized and used by the installer app without any need to update the app itself.)

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, Ryofu said:

Can i ask if i should install the spell component of SCS earlier in my installation or can i install it later when i am installing SCS after EET end?

The IWD spells? It depends on your mod list. If you use any spell/tweak/kit mods that make or use a list of all available spells, then SCS' IWD spells should go before them. If not, then it's probably okay to install the spells later, with the rest of SCS.  (See my linked install order above, how "stratagems" appears twice. The first instance is for IWD spells, the second instance is for the rest of SCS.)