Need a little help for my mod Edwin-Nalia please

Prof Errata

Well, I've made recently a little mod (with the precious help of Gwendolyne) that allows Edwin and Nalia to remove now their personal items (the Nalia's signet ring and the Edwin's amulet). It works well, but someone have noted to me that anyone could by now use these 2 items, yet it seems logical indeed that only characters with the following features could use them :

Nalia's ring : Human, INT 17+, mage (any) or thief/mage (dual class in this case)

Edwin's amulet : Human, INT 18, mage conjurer

I would be happy if a modder who knows well the IE coding could add the necessary lines for this in the mod. Thank you by advance.

Mod Edwin_Nalia_v1.rar

1 hour ago, Prof Errata said:

alia's ring : Human, INT 17+, mage (any) or thief/mage (dual class in this case)

Edwin's amulet : Human, INT 18, mage conjurer

And what happens when either one of them is mind striked by a flayer tentacle ? This alters the items effects significantly to worse on the original NPCs.

9 minutes ago, Prof Errata said:

ponse Cam, well is it possible that you could implement the new lines in the mod please, for BG2ToB-BG2EE ?

What are you asking here ? You can add the code to your mod, and the Tweaks can have it's own code, and the two will not interfere with each others ... so go ahead and add it to YOUR mod... instead of what ever you did before. BUT only if the game is a BG2EE, as it can crash the non-EE games. It might not, but I don't know that for sure. !

For the EEs, you could also use item_use.2da; the items listed there can only be used by the listed characters, and not even UAI bypasses it. Both Edwin's amulet and Nalia's ring are listed there by default.

Temporary Int penalties aren't a big deal here; item requirements are only checked when first equipping them or at level-up. If the item is on and the character gets drained below the use requirement, it won't fall off.