turning a Patch_If into an output text file?

Awachi

Sure you can do this, but the question is, what for ? And you should answer this. NINJA...

For example, you can extract information this way, like say printing the file name when it's patched. But I don't have a live code to do this... Miloch has a whole mods worth of those things. It's called area CRE checker.

I get too many ideas to ever work on all of them, so I want to prioritize by impact.  One thing is for the "bipedal" races (is there a term for orcs/hobgoblins/gnolls/etc?) to work out a more formal heirarchy for what's encountered.  So for this I'd like to see, let's say, the quantity of all gnolls in the game broken down by subtype/weapon.  This would let me know if it was worth the effort to mod or not.

Searching through every CRE to find which ones use the gnoll animation and listing what weapon they have equipped is fairly straightforward.  Searching through every area and area script do determine how many gnolls are spawned based on difficulty slider position, party level, etc. is considerably less straightforward.

Edit:  See Creature Lister

Edited by Sam.

Also, the weapon scan may be less useful than you think. Most monster animations only support a handful of different weapons, so the monsters are almost always equipped with the same one or two weapons so they don't appear to attack barehanded. Gnolls, specifically, only support halberd and long sword animations.

Though it's certainly not comprehensive, I compiled some of this information when I worked on randomized weapons for IWDification; see the spoiler at the bottom of this post.