Fear the kuo-toan bolt

Re-enabling kuo-toan nets (super-cool, I used Web1P to actually simulate nets), I ran across a possible bug with the kuo-toan bolts:

KuoBolt1 = +1 enchantment

KuoBolt2 = +3 enchantment

KuoBolt3 = +3 enchantment

The bolts are identical, except for the enchantment, so there is no difference between bolt2 and bolt3. Both are used in-game, and appear to be assigned appropriately (tougher kuo-toans get bolt3 at a lesser amount than bolt2, and lesser kuo-toans get bolt2 and not bolt3).

COPY_EXISTING ~KuoBolt2.itm~ ~override~
 WRITE_LONG 0x60 0x02
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Discuss.

EDIT: net-lovers, beware: the smaller kuo-toan creature animation has a bad sling BAM (it will crash half-way through the shoot sequence), so don't give slings to the small kuo-toans.

Re-enabling kuo-toan nets (super-cool, I used Web1P to actually simulate nets), I ran across a possible bug with the kuo-toan bolts:

KuoBolt1 = +1 enchantment

KuoBolt2 = +3 enchantment

KuoBolt3 = +3 enchantment

The bolts are identical, except for the enchantment, so there is no difference between bolt2 and bolt3. Both are used in-game, and appear to be assigned appropriately (tougher kuo-toans get bolt3 at a lesser amount than bolt2, and lesser kuo-toans get bolt2 and not bolt3).

COPY_EXISTING ~KuoBolt2.itm~ ~override~
 WRITE_LONG 0x60 0x02
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Discuss.

EDIT: net-lovers, beware: the smaller kuo-toan creature animation has a bad sling BAM (it will crash half-way through the shoot sequence), so don't give slings to the small kuo-toans.

What exactly does this fix do?

Nets would be cool for optional or UB or something.

Don't tell anyone, but they're really just slings (the animation happens to be nets). It only required making some special bullets:

Magical. +1. Cost: 8.
Ability:
 Range: 100
 Speed: 0
 To Hit: 1
 Damage: 1d4+2 false
 Web effect overlay 0 0  (save at +0)
 Hold creature 0 2  (save at +0)
 Play sound 0 0 EFF_P27 (save at +0)
 Display portrait icon 0 129  (save at +0)
 Display string 340 0  (save at +0)

The original poster here is a fool.

The bolts are identical, except for the enchantment, so there is no difference between bolt2 and bolt3.
Actually, they're far from identical, and bolt3 isn't actually used. Ever. Kill this "bug" fix.

In other news, (based on the effects) it looks like bolt3 was a partial net implementation.

Archived