C/R missing spell slots

Awachi

I don't know if this is considered a bug, but in a C/R multi the ranger spell slots aren't being added to the cleric's.  There is no other multi to compare, but essentially the ranger is losing his spell slots simply because he's also a divine caster and the engine is just taking the higher level class's slots.  An 11/10 C/R only has the allotment of a C11, not the assumed C11+R10.  If rangers accessed arcane magic instead, there'd be no issue.

Edited by Awachi
typo

Figured. Maybe that's why the originals allowed full druid access, as compensation. 

Eyy, nature boy. Vose are some nice spells you've got vere. Real erffy and green. Would be a shame if somefin 'appened to 'em. Accidents 'appen, if you know wha' I mean. 

Edited by Awachi

It can be fixed, QD_MULTI style. Creating a pair of op177 mode 5 SPL filtering for C/Rs with an EFF file providing a single spell slot for each level and then rebuilding the contents of mxsplran.2da to CLABRN01.2da would work for this. It just needs to be done after everything, incase Tweaks Anthology or other mods would introduce new spell progression tables.

On 4/10/2022 at 12:55 PM, Graion Dilach said:

It just needs to be done after everything, incase Tweaks Anthology or other mods would introduce new spell progression tables.

Which a FixPack can't do. Also, it's unclear that it's actually a bug. Also, clerics already get so many spell slots, this might actually be problematic for the UI.

Are any cleric/rangers actually exhausting all their 2nd-level spells?

Eyup, I agree with you on this - I'll prolly put this together into my tweakpack before my next EET run for sure (won't touch my IWDEE run with this now).

I tend to, because Enhanced Powergaming allows me to just conveniently heal myself up automatically after encounters and the smaller cure spells would be nice there (especially when i mess it up and accidentally move the healer during spellcasting).

5 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

especially when i mess it up and accidentally move the healer during spellcasting

Do you happen to know if a spell prevented moving would it still cancel the casting if you misclicked like this?