Is the bard kit targeting in SPLPROT bugged?

Is the bitwise problem the reason why 318 et cetera don't detect alignment correctly? There it's also a bit_eq line, and half of the alignments are odd numbers. This has been a major pain in the ass for my spells and effects that channel through to different alignments.

33 minutes ago, temnix said:

Is the bitwise problem the reason why 318 et cetera don't detect alignment correctly? There it's also a bit_eq line, and half of the alignments are odd numbers. This has been a major pain in the ass for my spells and effects that channel through to different alignments.

Yes and no. Yes, that's probably why your spells/effects aren't working, but there potentially are good reasons to want to do a bitwise alignment check. That said, I suspect 108 is also a bug, and it's also unused.

1 hour ago, temnix said:

Why not overwrite the relation = 8 checks with relation = 0 checks for those entries?

It seemed to have been put there intentionally, and I couldn’t be certain the existing line wasn’t being used somewhere. 

And, it’s a question of adding a single line of text to the file, differing from the existing one by one digit. That seems a LOT easier than altering the existing line and trying to run down all the possible consequences of doing so. 

Edited by subtledoctor
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes, some rows related to alignment check are indeed bugged (108 is fine though...)

No, it's the newly added (arbitrary) header descriptions that are incorrect for the alignment rows, not the checks.

• Row 33 = (NOT BIT1 = Not NEUTRAL or EVIL) = Alignment=GOOD
  • Row 34 = (HAS BIT1 = Is NEUTRAL or EVIL) = Alignment=NOTGOOD
  • Row 35 = (NOT BIT0 = Not GOOD or EVIL) = Alignment=...NEUTRAL
  • Row 36 = (HAS BIT0 = Is GOOD or EVIL) = Alignment=...NOTNEUTRAL
  • Row 37 = EVIL
  • Row 38 = NOTEVIL
  • Row 59 = (NOT BIT5 = Not CHAOTIC or NEUTRAL) = Alignment=LAWFUL
  • Row 60 = (HAS BIT5 = Is CHAOTIC or NEUTRAL) = Alignment=NOTLAWFUL
  • Row 61 = CHAOTIC
  • Row 62 = NOTCHAOTIC

These are how they are used, how they were listed before those descriptions were added, and their listing from IWD1/IWD2.

i.e Unholy Blight doesn't affect (324) row 34 (NOTGOOD). (only affects GOOD creatures)

1 hour ago, kjeron said:

No, it's the newly added (arbitrary) header descriptions that are incorrect for the alignment rows, not the checks.

• Row 33 = (NOT BIT1 = Not NEUTRAL or EVIL) = Alignment=GOOD
  • Row 34 = (HAS BIT1 = Is NEUTRAL or EVIL) = Alignment=NOTGOOD
  • Row 35 = (NOT BIT0 = Not GOOD or EVIL) = Alignment=...NEUTRAL
  • Row 36 = (HAS BIT0 = Is GOOD or EVIL) = Alignment=...NOTNEUTRAL
  • Row 37 = EVIL
  • Row 38 = NOTEVIL
  • Row 59 = (NOT BIT5 = Not CHAOTIC or NEUTRAL) = Alignment=LAWFUL
  • Row 60 = (HAS BIT5 = Is CHAOTIC or NEUTRAL) = Alignment=NOTLAWFUL
  • Row 61 = CHAOTIC
  • Row 62 = NOTCHAOTIC

These are how they are used, how they were listed before those descriptions were added, and their listing from IWD1/IWD2.

i.e Unholy Blight doesn't affect (324) row 34 (NOTGOOD). (only affects GOOD creatures)

I see, good to know.

Will fix and rename those entries as you suggested (f.i. "34_ALIGNMENTBITS!=GOOD" instead of "34_ALIGNMENTBITS!=MASK_GENEUTRAL")

Edited by Luke

The MASK_GENEUTRAL and MASK_LCNEUTRAL alignment types are bugged. The only alignment they come through to is True Neutral. I'm talking about using them with effect 177 now.