Kit check in splprot.2da does a bit-equality check

From this thread.

Line 109 in splprot.2da does a bitwise equality check for kit ID. I'm reasonably sure (though I'll defer to Cam or someone else with inside info) that this is a mistake from IWDEE development: I can't think of any reason to check kit ID bitwise, and 109 occurs in the middle of a long list of generic checks and directly below a line that correctly uses a bitwise check. That splprot entry is not actually used by any spl, itm or eff file in any of BG2EE, SoD/BGEE or IWDEE.

This is obviously a very low-stakes issue. The case for changing it is that the current entry is useless and wastes space in splprot.2da, it risks tripping up modders (it tripped up the OP in the thread I link to above) and it's probably technically a bug according to the dev-intent definition. The case against is that it's harmless in the unmodded game, space is not exactly at a premium in splprot.2da, and if you're using splprot in your mods you should probably know what you're doing.

I have no very strong preference here; I'm listing it mostly out of curiosity, in case there's some very arcane reason to do a bitwise kitids check that I haven't been able to think of.

It’s a nice thought, and I’ll take your word that it isn’t already used somewhere. (It probably can’t be used very effectively.)

But I’m not sure what is to be gained. My mods are still going to add a new line for this purpose, since they can’t assume a user will install the FixPack; and any new mods should do the same. 

OTOH it sounds like it can’t hurt, and if we hope this will someday turn into unpaid labor that Beamdog will steal incorporate into a putative 2.7 patch, then it would be good to incorporate this change. So I vote yes. 

Edited by subtledoctor