No banter or arguments between NPCs when I am 20 hours already into the game

Is this normal? I have bgee 2.6.60 the newest version. I installed mods like tweak anthology that might have edited interjections, and happy patch too etc.. I was really looking forward to the banter and arguments between party members but nothing happens. I remember playing the original bg where kagain and edwin antagonises each other often and i miss that very much. Also is it normal for the new npc questlines of Neera to progress to the point she tells about her leaving the high forest ALMOST 20 HOURS IN? Isnt it too slow? Could it be bugs or some patches that edit npc interactions? What should I do if i want to do the npc quests for new companion NPCs to get their items asap? I have branwen, minsc, jaheira, ajantis and neera in my party. i also travelled with eldoth in place of neera for a while. none of the banters or arguments that are supposed to happen show up. 
my weidu.log is attached to my post
PS: are some areas like gnoll stronghold and high hedge nerfed in bgee? I remember that I used to struggle thru gnall stronghold with strategies like using montaron to do scouting and backSTABbing, edwin casting stinking cloud and fireball, and I barely manage to clear the map. are there other places where game difficulty gets nerfed?
ps2; i just remembered there was a sort of banter where NPCs commented on something without any other NPC replying to it. Ajantis commented once ''I think it would be wise for you to improve your conduct while in this party'', without anyone in the party replying to him. I think I was travelling with eldoth back then but eldoth didnt say anything. is it possible that this bug is related to More Interjections component of the tweak anthology mod, in that it has changed script conditions for interjections / banter? but its supposed to be a simple in party check so i dont know how it goes wrong.

WeiDU.log

Edited by jacklhoward

You didn’t install the BG1 NPC Project. The NPCs in BG1 never had full banters to begin with. They’ll occasionally make ambient comments directed at each other but they won’t talk or interject in normal dialogue. The banters and interjections for BG1 is mod content.

9 hours ago, The Artisan said:

You didn’t install the BG1 NPC Project. The NPCs in BG1 never had full banters to begin with. They’ll occasionally make ambient comments directed at each other but they won’t talk or interject in normal dialogue. The banters and interjections for BG1 is mod content.

I mean I only want those ambient comments. It seems broken and I am afraid its caused by my mod settings. It would suck if i cant find out why and when i play bgee 2 it might cause the bg2 native banters and interjections to disappear too. that would sting.

35 minutes ago, jacklhoward said:

It seems broken and I am afraid its caused by my mod settings. It would suck if i cant find out why and when i play bgee 2 it might cause the bg2 native banters and interjections to disappear too.

You have no mod installed that would interfere with this.

18 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

is it possible that this bug is related to More Interjections component of the tweak anthology mod, in that it has changed script conditions for interjections / banter?

No.

My guess is that you are experienceing the difference in oBG / EE engine behavior but i agree that it's weird there was none during such a long time. I don't know how these "ambient remarks" are triggered in EE.

There are very few mods which affect the BG1 banter system.

The problem is the team composition. https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/interact.htm

Neera lacks BG1 bantering unless Neera Banters in installed. Jaheira can compliment Branwen and Ajantis, but this is one-sided. Minsc and Ajantis will only compliment Branwen and vice versa. And I think the internal RNG never rerolls the combination to try playing something. Eldoth should have provided a better chance to trigger this, but I think it's really just the lack of luck in this scenario.

Any reason you *didn't* install the BG1NPCProject? I have zero recollection of what the vanilla BG1 bantering looks like, because it's been decades since I played it without some mod(s) that improve discussion and characterization.

Even in BG2, which has more character interactions, there are still plenty of mods that add more. Given you're no one of these people who refuse to use mods  :crazy: why not use mods to increase the content in this part of the game? I.e. instead of worrying that some mods have reduced your NPC banters, why not focus on using mods to increase NPC banters?

13 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

There are very few mods which affect the BG1 banter system.

The problem is the team composition. https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/interact.htm

Neera lacks BG1 bantering unless Neera Banters in installed. Jaheira can compliment Branwen and Ajantis, but this is one-sided. Minsc and Ajantis will only compliment Branwen and vice versa. And I think the internal RNG never rerolls the combination to try playing something. Eldoth should have provided a better chance to trigger this, but I think it's really just the lack of luck in this scenario.

20 hours ago, jastey said:

You have no mod installed that would interfere with this.

No.

My guess is that you are experienceing the difference in oBG / EE engine behavior but i agree that it's weird there was none during such a long time. I don't know how these "ambient remarks" are triggered in EE.

thx. I did notice that some of the remarks by dissatisfied party members, e.g. edwin in a high reputation party, gets truncated. is it the effect of the happy patch? is it possible that the happy patch of some other mod components that edited soundfiles or conditions those soundfiles are used cause the native banter system to not recognise the proper lines and so impede the proper banters to appear?

11 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Any reason you *didn't* install the BG1NPCProject? I have zero recollection of what the vanilla BG1 bantering looks like, because it's been decades since I played it without some mod(s) that improve discussion and characterization.

Even in BG2, which has more character interactions, there are still plenty of mods that add more. Given you're no one of these people who refuse to use mods  :crazy: why not use mods to increase the content in this part of the game? I.e. instead of worrying that some mods have reduced your NPC banters, why not focus on using mods to increase NPC banters?

I am quite worried about mod conflicts. I used to have problems with kagain's quest where he has odd lines upon seeing the kids body and the quest log does not update properly