Hakeashar / Nishruu

Luke

1 minute ago, DavidW said:

I don't see any evidence that the effect is only supposed to work on wizard and priest spells, and not on all magic effects. The Sun Soul and Blackguard powers here are clearly magical.

There are a (very) few effects that get cast through .spl that clearly aren't magical, but it seems to me way overkill to patch every spell in the game just to block those edge cases.

Yeah, guess you are right... My concern was about mod-added content, such as a single-target fighter kit ability, which should not probably cure such creatures... Guess such kit abilities should probably use op248/249 (see Called Shot) in order to avoid curing these creatures...

5 hours ago, Luke said:

returns true for all spells, including innate and spell-like abilities such as 'BLACKGUARD_ABSORB_HEALTH' and 'SUN_SOUL_SUN_SOULRAY'... Intended...?

Fixing this would require a bit of spell restructuring (i.e. something like patching all SPPR and SPWI files by adding an op326 effect as first effect casting 'CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS'...?)

Is this out of scope...?

I think this also responds to stuff like the Jester's bard song. And, in my heavily-modded games, any number of ambient background helper effects. Basic stuff like the repeating op326 spells that check and apply variant ability score bonuses. It drives me up a wall. I hate it. These guys are almost immortal in my games.

I don't know if there is an answer, though. Patching spells will not be effective in an install-first FixPack.

On 10/18/2023 at 1:27 AM, Luke said:

Yeah, guess you are right... My concern was about mod-added content, such as a single-target fighter kit ability, which should not probably cure such creatures... Guess such kit abilities should probably use op248/249 (see Called Shot) in order to avoid curing these creatures...

I know of one modded case where this definitely happens, but it's usually irrelevant for a regular Nishruu which can heal only equivalent to a CLW spell from each blow that probably did way more damage. It becomes a problem if CLW is improved to heal more or if the Nishruu is damage resistant.

Otherwise the Nishruu script could be rewritten to check if LastAttacker() is a mage or other arcane caster to deny the heal-on-hit thing, alternately, the CLW spell could be patched to not heal more than once per round if target race = MIST or something like that, I think not all mod added Nishruu are definitely mists, but all should use the mist creature animation. I'm not sure it's worth fixing...

14 minutes ago, polytope said:

... unless those trigger a subspell by #146

Yeah, probably ( @subtledoctor do your ambient helper effects start with op146...? Asking because in my tests op326 does not trigger SpellCastOnMe()... Easy repro case: edit the Magic Missile scroll so that it makes use of op326 in place of op146 and use it against a Hakeashar. You will notice the creature does not get healed...)