I'm having trouble installing Aerie in BG:EE for EET using the latest version of project infinity on windows 10

I'm using project infinity and this guys tutorial/ WEidu logs. Everything installs correctly on the first part except for Aerie at the end. In the project infinity creators thread he blamed the mod but this guy installs it on his video so I don't what to do.

//Installing [Aerie for BG:EE]

//Copying 1 file ...

//ERROR: error loading [BG1Aerie/audio]

//Stopping installation because of error.

//ERROR Installing [Aerie for BG:EE], rolling back to previous state

//Will uninstall 0 files for [setup-BG1Aerie.tp2] component 0.

//Uninstalled 0 files for [setup-BG1Aerie.tp2] component 0.

//

//WARNING: BG1AERIE:0 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2

//INSTALLATION FINISHED.

//ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "BG1Aerie/audio")

//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-BG1Aerie.debug and look for support at: Coutelier (mail@coutelier.org.uk)

//Automatically Skipping [Aerie for BG:EE] because of error.

//Using Language [English]

//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Aerie for BG:EE

Edited by Kinasin

Confirmed and BG1Aerie isn't alone with this. Dark Horizons also fail. PI 0.10.0 internally changed mod handling somewhat and now mods which packaged the tp2 in the main folder(?!) are copied over wrongly from an install.

In the PI download folder, you need to move setup-BG1Aerie.tp2 into the BG1Aerie folder from next to the setup-BG1Aerie.exe (basically move it into the subfolder there) and that'll fix it. See illustration.

40cRuhy.png

TBH, this was proposed years ago to migrate to this system, so I'm not sure if this is a valid regression on PI's side. The PI spec officially never supported the folder structure BG1Aerie and Dark Horizons shipped with.

Edited by Graion Dilach

I don't know if it is still errored but I installed it on the older version of the mod manager without doing anything. v0.9.9 of prjoject infinity which you alluded to him changing things in latest version.

Edited by Kinasin

Yes, and via doing the changes above, I even managed to install it after the update.

I take it back, those mods are just minor annoyances anyway.

SimDing0 Quest Pack is what blows up after this change, because the mod folder is questpack but the tp2 name is setup-d0questpack.tp2. So if one wants to install that one, the tp2 also needs to be renamed to setup-questpack.tp2 along with the folder move (and yes, this is the easier solution, the other would involve changing the contents of the file).

1 hour ago, Graion Dilach said:

SimDing0 Quest Pack is what blows up after this change, because the mod folder is questpack but the tp2 name is setup-d0questpack.tp2. So if one wants to install that one, the tp2 also needs to be renamed to setup-questpack.tp2 along with the folder move

In case the mod gets adapted, changing the folder name to d0questpack would be the more compatible way though, yes?

Guest Graion@Work

Obviously, but until that, I'd prefer a workaround which doesn't edit the tp2 arbitrarily for reproducibility. I'm not sure if anyone in PPG can update and repackage the mod.

On 7/12/2022 at 6:37 AM, Graion Dilach said:

Yes, and via doing the changes above, I even managed to install it after the update.

I take it back, those mods are just minor annoyances anyway.

SimDing0 Quest Pack is what blows up after this change, because the mod folder is questpack but the tp2 name is setup-d0questpack.tp2. So if one wants to install that one, the tp2 also needs to be renamed to setup-questpack.tp2 along with the folder move (and yes, this is the easier solution, the other would involve changing the contents of the file).

I noticed SimDing0 Quest Pack didn't want to install in the newest version of PI. So, what you're saying is, put the tp2 file in the mod folder, rename it to just "questpack" like the folder itself? But the question then is, should setup-d0questpack.exe not also be renamed? Or maybe it doesn't matter?

27 minutes ago, Quester said:

I noticed SimDing0 Quest Pack didn't want to install in the newest version of PI. So, what you're saying is, put the tp2 file in the mod folder, rename it to just "questpack" like the folder itself? But the question then is, should setup-d0questpack.exe not also be renamed? Or maybe it doesn't matter?

If you use PI, no need to rename the setup, it's just the weidu executable and PI use it's own.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, Frenzgyn said:

If you use PI, no need to rename the setup, it's just the weidu executable and PI use it's own.

PI still doesn't accept the questpack even though I put the tp2 in the mod folder and renamed it:

// INSTALLATION ABORTED
// Install sequence contains non-existent mods:
d0questpack