Question regarding running EEex and EET

Hi,

I would like to ask, To run EEex you need to download and run a program called infinity loader to launch my BG2. When i run the program i get a message saying something like (string B3spelEX.lua):86 attempt to call global "EEex_menu_AddBeforemainfileREloadedListener (a Nil Value) Is this normal? My game will still run normally but i am running an EET installation and i don't know if i messed up something.

Thank you and regards

That error usually happens if you've manually gone and downloaded the outdated InfinityLoader release from GitHub. As EEex's readme says:

Please note: The following links are NOT intended to be used for installing EEex; the loaders are bundled in their respective EEex versions and will be automatically installed alongside EEex.

Just install EEex — don't worry about the loader, it'll install as a part of setup-EEex.exe.

Edited by Bubb

2022-09-18_112338.png.9bcb663f9456fff040485c1e9490dde4.png

Does someone know how to fix this issue?

I'm not playing on EET as the topic's title says.

It's not the mod's fault since I used the same latest version without problems before I re-installed my PC (Windows 7 x64), so it's something on my side.

I have Visual Studio 2015-2022 installed, both 32 and 64-bit, along all the other versions.

I'm just using EEex, no other mods.

2 hours ago, JohnBob said:

Did you use infinity-loader to launch the game?

As I mentioned I used this mod before just fine, so yes.

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Basically, if you install EEEx, do not use the created-by-EET shortcut on the desktop.

I'm not using EET as I already said in my previous post.

It must be something broken or missing on my end, I really don't know.

54 minutes ago, Endarire said:

My understanding is that this happens because Bubb didn't yet fully update certain functions from 2.5 to 2.6 compatibility.

That's only applicable to the "attempt to call global" errors, and, like I noted earlier in the thread, other problems can also cause that type of error.

"EEex not active" is a low-level problem that means EEex_Main.lua didn't finish executing. Either the game wasn't started with InfinityLoader.exe, InfinityLoader.exe failed to inject EEex, or there was a Lua error in EEex_Main.lua. Running InfinityLoader.exe through the command prompt should show any errors that were logged.